Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

exhaust question

Old 11-24-2008, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust question

what do you guys recomend picking up a cat-back/header-back exhaust system or custom fabricating one. in terms of ease and cost what would be the best choice? i know the hp gains from an exhaust system would be minimal but what would be the difference between a factory made system and a custom made one? the only real difference i see is not getting a 'name' brand exhaust system. can any shed some light on this for me?

with that said what exhaust are you running and why did you choose it?

anyone selling or know anyone selling an exhaust system new/used, factory made/custom?

know any good shops that can order or fabricate?

i am kind of impatient and want that instant gratification so dont like really waiting for shipping. anyone know of shops that actually have exhaust systems in stock. i know shops dont like stocking car parts but is there anychance that they might have one laying around?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-24-2008, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by s_2sen,Nov 24 2008, 07:23 PM

with that said what exhaust are you running and why did you choose it?
I'm running the OEM exhaust. the OEM exhaust is good till you go over 400whp. If you are not going over 400whp it's just for sound, get which ever one sounds good to you.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

i guess it depends what your looking for. hp/torque gains vs sound vs drone vs looks vs etc.

i decided on a t1-r 70r-em because i wanted a quiet 70mm single. i daily my 03 so i t was the right choice for me. i have no drone and with my berk hfc / ricks header, it was even more quiet. i also enjoy how the exhaust note depends on how you drive: granny= quiet, vtec=distinct. the look of the exhaust is very subtle too.

as far as custom shops, i couldnt help you. good luck on your search.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by bouford,Nov 24 2008, 07:43 PM
Hiya, my name is David, do you wanna be my fwen?
Old 11-24-2008, 06:33 PM

I chose the J's N1 single because it sounds awesome and I figured there would be little to no risk of losing power due to choosing an aftermarket exhaust (there are a lot out there that will give no gains so buyer beware).
J's is too loud for many, so due to being subjective you really need to come out and hear for yourself the other S owners set-ups.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 PM

I went with the t1r 70mm v3 w/test pipe.

Lots of weight savings over stock dual setup, great sound (it will be loud though), and it has contributed with a few other bolt ons to a significant hp gain.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:51 PM

Thanks for the quick replies. Was leaning towards a t1r 70 or a spoon n1. Like the n1 style compared to the big canisters like the world sport. Anyone know shops that carry/ship in? Or better yet anyone selling one?
Old 11-25-2008, 02:18 AM

i have the spoon n1 single with test pipe....you should come out, get a chance to hear the sound to see if its for you. it is on the loud side, but i love the tone. i would say online is your best shot at a decent price on the spoon. try evasive or maybe opak
Old 11-25-2008, 04:11 PM

i went with invidia v3 with mugen test pipe and megan headers...the invidia was a great buy at a decent price and it looks good with the twin canisters...and there was a good hp gain as well with the header back set up...and its not extremely loud until you hit vtec other than that it has a great deep sound
Old 11-25-2008, 04:57 PM

i think my Sparrow/test pipe/header combo sounded awesome. noticeable power gain with that combo

Quick Reply: exhaust question