Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Dyno's in Hawaii

Old 09-10-2001, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frost: Thanks for the info How many pulls do you get in an hour? Does our humidity/temp in Hawaii cause lower dyno #'s compared to the dyno's you've seen posted from the mainland? Maybe if you know some guys who want to dyno, we could get a group down there. (Colin?, Rick?)

I want to run a baseline, but I already put on my exhaust. I plan on putting on a header soon though and would like to see the gains. I still have my stock exhaust, but what a chore it will be to put that heavy thing back on!

Unfortunately, all these mods will take me out of A Stock if I decide to enter auto-x, but what the heck.
Old 09-10-2001, 04:51 PM

for $50 you get as many runs you want within an hour, given the 10-15min equiptment setup. It's a trailer Dyno which he takes out to special events and such. With in the hour I did about 6 runs, trying different things. I ran the car to shown redline vs 8k rpm which netted me a increase in HP from 163 to 169. Heck he even let me do a full run thru all the gears!

As far as differences I didn't care too much, because most dyno's on the mainland are done on, well different dyno's and such. I just mainly wanted a base line run to see future gains and compare it to our other preludes that dyno'd with me.

As far as not staying in A-Stock... Screw it! it's more fun fighting the tougher competition. Heheheh I'm trying desprately to fight for 4th place in DSP! with our other prelude guy fighting for 2nd place (he cheat's though - Race Tires!) Anyhow i'm planning on switching to some lower profile tires because my 215/50/16 BFG g-Force KDW's have developed a bubble in one of the tires. Too bad though the BFG's were great tires, but they don't have anything available in 45 series that would fit my rim.
Old 09-10-2001, 05:23 PM

Originally posted by smccurry
Maybe if you know some guys who want to dyno, we could get a group down there. (Colin?, Rick?)
I don't think you're going to get other S2000 owners in on this since the ones that we know of here do not have any modifications (yourself and I excluded ). You would have a better chance of getting people together through Colin and possibly the people he autocrosses with (WRX owners with mods???).
Old 09-10-2001, 08:27 PM

smccurry,

Allen Nakamura (Naka's Car Care) said that the dyno calibrates all readings back to a standard.
That means that if you dyno your car in Hawaii and then dyno it in the mainland, you shoull get the same (or very close) readings.
Old 09-11-2001, 02:25 AM

Well for the most part when I compared my Dyno vs Mainland Runs it's was right on the money for the mod's that I have.

Here's the link to DynoJet Hawaii http://www.dyno-jethawaii.com
Old 09-11-2001, 02:38 AM

Frost: thanks for the link. I checked the pricing there and it shows $50 for first hour and $20/hour after that. This sounds reasonable, I think I'll try it over there. The site warns that "mufflers are required". I have a muffler, but it's damn loud. I hope it's o.k.
¨
Old 09-11-2001, 04:41 AM

NP, but just so you know it's $20/half-hour after the initial $50! But it's still well worth it.

Don't worry about the mufflers, it's not to big a deal. Heck one other guy ran it with no CAT and he didn't care.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:55 PM

Reviving this old thread, but if you see the date of the last post, you can understand priorities changed...

Anyways, I set up an appointment with DynoJet Hawaii in Kailua @ 10:30 a.m. anyone else wanna go same time? We can get side by side comparo's.

Rick, afterwards, we can go to the range (around 1 p.m., right?).

Oh yeah, he quoted me $50 for just hp/tq figures, and an extra $30 for A/F meter readings.
Old 03-01-2002, 03:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by smccurry
[B]Reviving this old thread, but if you see the date of the last post, you can understand priorities changed...

Anyways, I set up an appointment with DynoJet Hawaii in Kailua @ 10:30 a.m. anyone else wanna go same time? We can get side by side comparo's.
Old 03-03-2002, 06:36 AM

Went to dyno yesterday, and the results are in:
peak HP= 201.1
peak Tq= 136

Of course, I didn't have a baseline, so we can't get much out of this. But the torque curve is really flat, and the HP curve is really smooth (no dips and spikes everywhere). I will get these scanned and post them when I can.

Oh yeah, the temp was 81F and humidity at about 40%

Quick Reply: Dyno's in Hawaii