Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Dyno Day

Old 09-22-2004, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Day

I've started a new thread on a possible dyno day. We're mainly trying to focus on a dyno day for S2000's but others are welcomed as long as we can fit them into the day.

Updated November 4, 2004 (Thursday)
===========================

If you're part of the November 6th session, PM mice (Mike Fujioka) with your phone # so he can reach you in case you forget to set your alarm clock or whatever. If you need to reach Mike on his cell, his number is 389-5677 in case you're running late or whatever that may delay your attendance.

If you're part of the November 13th session, PM Hyper-X (Jimmy Nomura) with your phone # so I can reach those who're running on the 13th so I can coordinate times. If you need to reach me on my cell, it's 398-7356 for the 13th.

The names list are updated to include the dyno date that they'll participate in and the leader(s) are identified for each session. Dyno session starts this Saturday at 10:30am but for those who want to run early need to show up no later than 10:00am. There will be a S2000 leader/representative for each dyno session, however you'll need to let them know whether you want only the dyno runs or whether you want them to include the wideband O2 sensor connected (to chart your air-fuel ratios).

Dress attire: Closed-toe footwear (shoes)

Note: Please leave any valuables and/or loose items at home or with someone you trust. Check under the driver's seat to make sure nothing will roll out from underneath and get stuck under the pedals (just kidding Colin).

More to follow. Please check this thread frequently.

(Posted on Oct 28th)

After much attempted calls and emails to Hypersports, it was decided that the days would fall on 2 seperate weeks, both on Saturday as they are closed on Sundays. The days will fall on November 6 and 13. I apologize for the huge delay with the date confirmation, however we hope this will not discourage anyone from attending. The prices are set (see below).

On the day of the session, you'll need to indicate that you're part of S2K International's dyno session to receive the group rate. Please indicate at the time whether you'll do just the dyno pulls (3 pulls per car) or have it done with your air-fuel ratios checked.

What I'd like to ask is for the people who signed up or showed interest in attending is to indicate which of the dates (Nov 6 or 13) that you'll be attending so we can give Ross and Travis at Hypersports the heads up. If we have a lot of people in a single day, they'd be willing to start the session very early in the morning if needed.

One more note, please make sure that you check your wheels and have them torqued to their correct specs.

Note: After Steve and I paid a visit to a few places, we've decided that it'd be best to hold our upcoming Dyno Day(s) at Hypersports on a weekend, both Saturday and Sunday to help accomodate everyone's needs. I posted the wrong prices earlier, however the corrections have been made.

We need to accomodate 10 total hours of dyno runs for us to qualify for a group rate, which will be for 3 pulls, and for those wanting to get their air-fuel ratios checked, it will be additional. Typical runs will require about 45 minutes to an hour per car.

- $45 for a basic dyno run, with 3 pulls.

- $65 for a basic dyno run with your air-fuel ratios checked.

10 hours of dyno runs will take all day, so we considered splitting the dyno days into 2 seperate days on seperate weeks. One session on a Saturday, and the other on the following Saturday.

* What we need now is a list of "confirmed" people who are interested. If you have people from other forums/places that wish to participate, they must notify me via PM so we can get a headcount of how many will be willing to participate and we can start working with Travis at Hypersports on the dates to do this. We need to give them 2 weeks advanced notice so we're asking if we can get the names of everyone who's interested by no later than October 2nd.

*NOTE: If you are interested, please indicate what kind of car you'll be bringing.

================================================== =

The following list is an approximated attendance for the session (updated daily)

1. Hyper-X - S2000 (November 13) - co-leader for 13th
2. smccurry - S2000 (November 13 a.m.) - co-leader for 13th
3. 808style - S2000 (November 6)
4. Pat Olsen - Mustang (out at sea)
5. puugee - RSX Type S (November 6)
6. boloheadrat - S2000
7. Brian - RSX base auto. (November 6)
8. Scott - RSX Type S (cancel)
9. hahnn002 - S2000 (November 6)
10. Mike Olsen - Eclipse V6 (November 13)
11. Mike Fujioka - S2000 (November 6) - leader for 6th
12. Daniel L. - Miata (November 13)
Old 09-22-2004, 02:29 PM

I'm in. But I would prefer to have this done before too long. I'm on vacation right now so my schedule is wide open until Oct. 2. As for location, I only know of Endless Garage.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:42 PM

Sounds good Steve. I need a headcount of all the people who're interested and we need to agree on a day/date. I'm shooting for a Saturday myself.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:47 PM

depending on cost, i might be in. i have no mods as of now, but wouldn't mind getting a baseline done.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 808style,Sep 22 2004, 12:47 PM
depending on cost, i might be in. i have no mods as of now, but wouldn't mind getting a baseline done.
good idea.
I wish I had done one before I started modding. My first dyno was done after I had already put on the exhaust and filter.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Hyper-X,Sep 22 2004, 12:42 PM
Sounds good Steve. I need a headcount of all the people who're interested and we need to agree on a day/date. I'm shooting for a Saturday myself.
That's why I would like to have it done before my vac is up. I work on Saturdays. Can it be done within 10 days time? Might be kind of tight.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:59 PM

So far we got 2, 3 maybe depending on cost.

I'll make a phone call later (I'm at work now) and ask what kind of price we're looking at and see if we can get a group rate.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:17 PM

I'm interested, but I don't have a S2000.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:32 PM

More information posted at the top of the thread. Please make sure to look there first for updated information.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:59 PM

So what's the status on dyno day? There's roughly about 5 people with rsx's that are interested. I heard hypersports might be cheap.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day