Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Crash at the drag strip

Old 09-24-2005, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crash at the drag strip

I went to the drag strip last night to do some runs in my obnoxious Mustang. A couple S2000s lined up from the grudge line (1 black, 1 silver/grey). The grey one put his car into the right side wall probably about 100-150yds down the track. I missed what initially started it, when I looked up his tail was swinging out to the left, car looped around and went into the wall with the rear left quarter first, with the entire driver side smacking against the guardrail shortly thereafter. Probably hit at about 20mph or so I would guess. Someone else said he got loose (I assume on the 1-2 shift based on where it happened) with the rear swinging to the right initially, then overcompensated and the rear swung to the left and around. Driver was (apparently) OK, car clearly was not. They moved it over into the rubber room, but it wouldn't drive straight, so I'm guessing the front left control arm(s) was/were done. Not a pretty sight to see.

Anyone know who it was? I was front in line in the non-grudge line standing outside my car, and I was just standing there with my hands on my helmet thinking, "Nooooo!"

Pat Olsen
Old 09-24-2005, 09:19 PM

Oh crap! I sure hope that wasn't Conor. I doubt it was him though, as he has several years of experience down at HRP.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:03 AM

How would you get your insurance company to pay for the damages if it happened there? Me and the wife were talking about that and she told me we would have to drive it somewhere a fake the accident.... Or tow it somewhere and burn it and report it stolen....
Old 09-25-2005, 12:16 AM

Wasn't me. And I can't figure out how you would do that. *shrugs*
Old 09-25-2005, 03:19 AM
tru

i heard about it too. from what i heard fromt he cop that was at the gate the driver, lost control and floored it. the cop stoped me when i was going in asked if i new who that was but he told me it was blue
Old 09-25-2005, 03:41 AM

It may have been the bluish-silver color, I honestly didn't pay too much attention as they rolled to the line. And, I, too don't know how you'd manage to do that - I've taken a friend's S2K down the strip a few times and I certainly didn't have any problems with it getting squirrely once it was off the line.

As for insurance, well, you're done. And I personally would never think of trying to fake an accident. I can't imagine any cop who came to the scene playing along with a violation of federal law (insurance fraud). That just seems like a really risky course of action. I had people tell me I should take my car outside the track when I wrecked my first Legacy on a road course. I didn't, and my insurance covered it because it was not a racing event.

Pat
Old 09-25-2005, 08:33 AM

Yeah I don't think I could go through with it all and then plus the car wasn't even drivable so you would have to get a tow truck driver to play along with you and drop your car off next to something that looks like it could of messed your car up and I'm sure they wouldn't do all that. So you would probably have to hi jack the tow truck and then dispose of any other evidence or witnessess so I guess it's just to much trouble.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess was he had bad tires.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:36 AM

I guess the person that this happened to doesn't visit this site.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:39 AM

i wouldn't want to talk about it

Quick Reply: Crash at the drag strip