Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

COMPTECH CAI GB

Old 09-09-2004, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COMPTECH CAI GB

Is there anyone else in hawaii interested in buy a comptech CAI from HARDTOP guy for $300. + shipping? I'm going to be ordering one soon and wanted to know if anyone wanted to order one at the same time and see if we can save on shipping. I don't know if we will be saving on shipping but we can ask and see. Let me know soon if anyone here is interested.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:21 PM

I think the final price right now if you were to order your own COMPTECH CAI from the GB would be 367.38 for UPS 2nd day shipping.

I'll let you know if they say it will be cheaper then that if we get a few of them sent at one time.

Either way I think this is a great price for a brand new COMPTECH CAI.

If anyone knows where to get it cheaper then that please let me know.

Thanks
Old 09-10-2004, 09:46 AM

I just talked to hardtop guy and he said that with just 2 people shipping would be cheaper. I was just wondering if anyone else was interested before I purchase mine.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:01 PM

i was thinkin about gettin this, but i wonder if the gains are worth the price? i've also heard of people having issues with the fitment. how much research have you done on this product? i haven't done much research on it myself, but hey if you find its a good intake, i might jump on this one with u.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:22 PM
tru

im still deciding comptech or aem. i have always had aem in all my cars and i love the sound. but im still not sure
Old 09-11-2004, 01:07 AM

I'm going with the comptech for two reasons. The COMPTECH looks good. And I don't think the COMPTECH is loud compared to other CAI. I don't think I can handle a loud CAI with the MAGNAFLOW TI.

I havn't done to much research but I've read a few post of people haveing some problems with it touching the hood but after they messed with it they fixed it and are happy with it

Let me know if you want one cause I want to order it really soon.

Bruce
Old 09-11-2004, 01:20 AM

i'm gonna try do some digging around to find out more about this intake. do you know what the price will be shipped if we order this together?
Old 09-11-2004, 01:55 AM

I had the Comptech but I sold it because of my vented hood I liked it
Old 09-11-2004, 08:56 AM

When I talked to Hardtop guy he said that the price that it came out to on the webpage wasn't right and the price on the page was $367+ or - a few $. When I called him he said that it should be right around 340-350. If I did it by myself but then I asked what if she shipped two at the sametime and he said something about putting them in a single box and then it would be a little bit cheaper. So were only saveing a little bit of money by getting these boxed together. So it really doesn't matter to much if someone else wants to do this with me cause its only going to be saving aroudn 10-15 dollars I think. But hey saving a few bucks is always a good thing.

Let me know when your ready.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:37 AM

The Comptech CAI looks like a nice mod, made out of nice materials (I have some reservations of the box portion), however it's a nice and easy thing to install. The goods are they don't use materials that contribute to absorbing heat, and requires no cutting/modification to the car itself to install. The filter is a foam type and requires some oiling and is reusable. I'd imagine that the low-restriction design allows for smooth and easy flow.

The negatives I've seen before is the fitment of the hood prop which sometimes doesn't align with the cutout on the airbox, however fixing this issue is easy to do anyway so it's really not that bad. The other is the effectiveness based on tested results. I'm one of the only people that I know of that dyno'd my car more than 4 times (at Naka's in Waipio). I bought a used Comptech CAI a month prior and brought it with me to dyno. We ran a baseline on my car (completely stock) and ended up with 209hp (which I later found was a throw out since they ran my car in 3rd gear when they were supposed to do it in 4th). The results then came to about 202-203hp before the levels really started dropping, most likey due to heatsoak.

During the downtime, I was allowed to unbolt the OEM intake box and install the Comptech Icebox in about an hour (had to re-route a few hoses) then we ran it on the rollers again. The results were 199-201hp which told me that the differences were negligable. I could've kept the Comptech but going with a CAI means I wasn't able to compete in autocross in stock-class and would bump me up to street-prepared class which I'm in now, for a mod that does little to nothing. If I didn't autocross, I'd have the Comptech Icebox right now.

Quick Reply: COMPTECH CAI GB