Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Coming to Maui...

Old 06-27-2004, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming to Maui...

Well, next week I'll be spending 7 days/7 nights with my family at Ka'ana Pali (sp?). It's my first trip out and we want to try to see as much as possible. Any tips or 'must do' things from the locals?

Thanks,
zonie
Old 06-28-2004, 12:22 PM

hopefully someone can chime in and help you out, but most of us are from Oahu. although i've never been to Maui, the one "must do" thing that holds for any island in our state is sample the local food! make sure u get a plate lunch when you're there.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:39 AM

I'm headed to Maui this Friday. I can't wait!

I'll be eating local food every chance I get!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:57 AM

lau lau, poi, lomi salmon, chicken longrice, haupia are all a must. if you're hard core enough, sample some raw seafood. this can be had as sashimi, poke, or nigiri sushi.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:40 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 808style
lau lau, poi, lomi salmon, chicken longrice, haupia are all a must.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:27 PM

or haupia chocolate... ooh talk about broke da mouth!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:24 AM

SWEET!

We are packed and ready! Two days to go!
Old 07-12-2004, 06:33 PM

My girlfriend and I just got back from our trip to Maui. It was fantastic! The weather was perfect the entire time, and we had a blast. I ate tons of great food at many different places (Pacifico, Cafe O' Lei, Cafe Mambo, Maui Tacos) including shaved ice at Aloha Ice in Paia, great sushi at Sensie in Kihei and plenty more all over Maui.

Hana and the Seven Sacred pools was sweet! I also went to several beaches including Black Sands Beach, Wailea, Kihei, Lahaina and others. I bought all sorts of stuff to take back including art work, gifts for family and friends and numerous pairs of Locals slippers (mine were wearing out!).

We also hung out with family, went to U'lalena, snorkeling in Molikeini, the Marriott Luau, a play at a local theater and more.

Now, if only I could find a job in Maui. I'd move there soon!

I also saw a few S2000's including a white and red one in Kihei, a yellow one in Wailuku, and a blue one. I'm not sure if any are members of S2K, but I did see a few.

One thing I did notice in Maui was the predominant amount of rice, and I'm not talking about food (as rice seemed to come with every single meal I ordered!). Nope, we're talking riced out Civics, Accords, Integras and even Kia's and other domestic rice. It was a sad thing to see.

I did wish I had my S with me, as the road to Lahaina and Hana were full of twisties that I really wanted to tear up! But the rent-a-car wasn't up to the challenge.

I did bring back a piece of Hawaii with me in the form of a tattoo from Island Ink in Paia. I had something custom-designed that represents me and something from Hawaii. I'll get a pic posted soon. I'm exhausted (overnight flight with no sleep! Ouch!).

I still need to unpack what I do have, as Delta managed to lose our luggage on the trip back. One of our flights was running late and they didn't have enough time to get the luggage off one flight and onto the other (as we were running to catch the next plane home). So we're waiting on them to deliver it to us. Luckily, they were sending the missing luggage on the next flight, so it's just a matter of them finding it and bringing it to us.

We had an awesome time and it was sad to leave. Hopefully, we'll be going back soon.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:40 PM

damn dude talk about a full vacation! glad you had a great time over on maui. i still have yet to go there myself! watch out for delta dude, they totally destroyed my suitcase and broke my computer! asses!
Old 07-13-2004, 02:46 AM

Natedogg: I'm glad to hear that you had a good trip and made the most of your time!

Quick Reply: Coming to Maui...