Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Coming back from deployment

Old 05-17-2011, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming back from deployment

So I will be coming back from deployment soon and was wondering what to expect from my s2k. I stored it on Pearl Naval Base. I really didn't have an option because the one on Ford Island was shut down. The place I kept my s2k at isn't enclosed. I did put a car cover on it and securely. I asked the manager and he said 100% of the covers come off withing a week or so. So I am expecting to come back with the cover off. What are some suggestions to break her loose? Is there anyone good at waxing that is willing to do it for me?

Thanks - Mark
Old 05-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

i recently got my03 back up and running after sitting for about a year. definitely change oil, trans and diff fluids.
didn't change my coolant as it only has 8k miles on it. will be changing clutch and brake fluid next month.

your battery is probably dead so recharge or replace as needed.
check your tires for flat spots. hope they are not flat. kept my tires with at least 28 psi and no flat spots.

since your s2k has been sitting out in the open you may want to have your bushings checked out. mines were fine but i was parked in a garage so.

winter storage thread for more info: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/247...-storage-tips/

hope your paint is not too bad but if it is go to pak shak: http://www.pakshak.com/pakshak-auto-...-services.html
Old 05-17-2011, 04:57 PM

Well by the time I get back the car would only be sitting for 4 months. The main thing that I am worried about is the weathering due to the cover coming off. I just got all new tires too before I left so they should be fine. I forgot about that winter storage thread, I am going to have to check it out again. My birthday is in June also so I am going to see about getting a gift certificate from PakShak! Thanks for the reply man!

-Mark
Old 05-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Old 05-17-2011, 10:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmm what cover did you get? I am storing my S in Kansas were they often see 40mph winds and i have one of the custom fit covers and its still on there good
But I agree with bouford change all oils, check the tires for bald spots but 4 months should be fine, and get a good charge on the battery...its also best if you wax it before you leave and undo the battery
Old 05-21-2011, 03:03 PM

I zip tied and crap out of my car cover. If you look under it, its a spider web of shoe strings and zip ties. . .

Hope the weather didn't destroy your soft top.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:07 AM

What unit are you with?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by P3tey2
What unit are you with?
Sorry I am Navy lol.... USS Reuben James though ... =)
Old 06-28-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by bouford
i recently got my03 back up and running after sitting for about a year. definitely change oil, trans and diff fluids.
didn't change my coolant as it only has 8k miles on it. will be changing clutch and brake fluid next month.

your battery is probably dead so recharge or replace as needed.
checkpoint your tires for flat spots. hope they are not flat. kept my tires with at least 28 psi and no flat spots.

since your s2k has been sitting out in the open you may want to have your bushings checked out. mines were fine but i was parked in a garage so.

winter storage thread for more info: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/247...-storage-tips/

hope your paint is not too bad but if it is go to pak shak: http://www.pakshak.com/pakshak-auto-...-services.html

Ok so I checked out that pakshak and the guy that details the cars is never there, and he never replies from my phonecalls or texts... I guess business is good these days...

Does anybody else know where I could get my car fully detailed at a reputable place?
Old 06-28-2011, 11:38 AM

hmmm, Ranney @ Pakshak has always been available in my experience. PM'd.

Quick Reply: Coming back from deployment