Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Challenge 76TA-R and AMSOIL MTF Review

Old 03-24-2012, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenge 76TA-R and AMSOIL MTF Review

Whats goin on everyone... Just thought that I would give my review of my new exhaust and my personal opinion of AMSOIL MTF.

My previous exhaust was a JIC Spartan 80mm full Ti and I loved it although it was loud as hell!

1. Exhaust: Challenge 76TA-R

For lack of a better term, This exhaust is 76mm of pure AWESOME!...lol. Its a lil quieter than my previous exhaust but it also has a lil deeper tone. No rasp at any rpm(I've hit 8500rpm's(AP2) quite a few times in the pass 24hrs ) The one thing I havent noticed is drone... Ground clearance is great considering that is 76mm, does not hang any lower than the lowest point of the chassis. There is at least a finger gap between any part of the exhaust and any part of the chassis. As far as hp gains... I cant really speak to it since I literally finished the etune with Evans tuning with my old set up and switched over to the new set up the same day. But I will be puttin the car on the dyno soon to see where I'm at before the next round of mods

2. AMSOIL Syncromesh MTF

I've always been loyal to Honda fluids but I made the switch to AMSOIL Signature series oil about 8months ago and figured that I would try the complete line of AMSOIL for all my fluids. I just changed the trans and diff fluids in July using Honda juice but was bored this morning and had purchased AMSOIL MTF and 75-90W severe gear a couple months ago... So I changed the trans and diff fluids this morning and noticed an immediate difference while going through the gears. 3rd gear used to grab a lil whether coming down from 4th or going up from 2nd. Now that felling is gone! Each gear feels fresh... I am a believer in AMSOIL fluids and will continue to use their products from now on.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:06 PM

post pics / vids!
Old 03-24-2012, 06:58 PM

Just for you Calvin...lol
Old 03-24-2012, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exhaust looks nice! Im guessing you have a flashpro? How was the etune process?

Btw, since your rolling on the grams, sell me those rpf1's
Old 03-24-2012, 10:07 PM

thats a cool looking exhaust! cant wait to hear it
Old 03-25-2012, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by satoman44

then sell me your meister
Old 03-25-2012, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by satoman44

thanks!

Yeah I'm runnin flashpro now. The process was surprisingly easy! Jeff sends you a base map and what datalogs he wants. You record em' and email them to him and he'll have another map ready for you in about 24hrs. Keep doing that until he says your done and sends you the final map. Took me about 7 days. You'll notice the difference from the first base map that he sends! The car progressively feels better with each new map. The most noticeable is the midrange. Its night and day compared to stock.

The rpf1's are like my stocks, I cant have just one set of wheels. And Jeff has dibbs on them... But if he doesnt want them I'll let you know first. I'll let them go as soon as I can get my hands on a set of those Touge Factory NT03's in black.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

nice troy. others have complained about the challenge exhaust being loud
amsoil ftw! running engine oil and diff fluid. perhaps i'll try the mtf.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice exhaust lovin the dolphin tip and if jeff or ryan doesnt want the rpf1 lmk also do you still have another koyo radiator?
Old 03-25-2012, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by bouford
nice troy. others have complained about the challenge exhaust being loud
amsoil ftw! running engine oil and diff fluid. perhaps i'll try the mtf.
Thanks Felipe, Too loud..? lol I'm just glad there's no rasp to it and it's a lil quieter than the JIC was.

Originally Posted by S2KiChad
Nice exhaust lovin the dolphin tip and if jeff or ryan doesnt want the rpf1 lmk also do you still have another koyo radiator?
Thanks Chad, as for the rpf1's, I'll keep you in loop. Yeah I do have another koyo but I'm gonna use it. I'm finally gonna break down and buy an intake. Both that I'm looking at would cover a good portion of the radiator.

Quick Reply: Challenge 76TA-R and AMSOIL MTF Review