Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Blowing off some hot air

Old 07-25-2003, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blowing off some hot air

It's confirmed again... this month is Hawaii's official month of A-Hole drivers.

I left work 40 minutes early and decided to drive in the absolute slow lane between a couple of slow moving cars and watched people cut off others, hardly any signal flashers being used and such, it was live entertainment for me. The funny thing is, I was driving 50mph on the freeway and I was passing a good number of drivers in traffic.

I saw people eye up each other, and a 7-11 coffee cup went flying onto another car too. I've never seen this many ignorant drivers on the road. At this rate, there's only going to be more tempers flaring and I do smell more accidents based on road rage. Are car dealerships telling people that turn signals are there for decoration or something?

The sad thing is that the people who instigate problems by cutting off and pissing off other drivers don't get punished one bit and they go scott free. That would mean that I could just go out, cut off people and if they did something like throw a cup at my car, I could take down their plates, call the police and press charges even though it was through my actions that started the whole thing. Sounds incredibly stupid but it appears to me that there aren't any fair solutions at the moment.

I'm still wondering if there's a solution to all this BS on the road. At this rate, I'm predicting more violent and hostile drivers who's fed up with the increasing amount of ignorant people who show no respect toward the people around them by talking on their phones while driving, not using proper turn signals, driving excessively fast or slow in traffic and such.

Old 07-25-2003, 12:51 PM

Maybe this has something to do with all the "ice" users in Hawaii?
Old 07-25-2003, 01:38 PM

Just crank up the tunes and ignore the a-holes.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:44 PM

We live in a "me, me,...me society". The acts of the stupid go unchecked and unregulated. Everyday on Fort Weaver Road I witness an act of total disregard. It's to the point that, like you, I drive in the farthest right lane possible just to avoid road rage. I'm not afraid of accidents or aggressive drivers, I'm afraid for my sanity. The only way for me to control my "rage" is to stay out of the "Game". The "Game" being who can drive the most irresponsible in the far left two lanes. It's really that simple. Everyday on the H-1 West bound at dinner rush hour, I see motorists stay in the far left lanes, when they have no intention of going Ewa way....They'll stay in the lane till the last second and than merge over three lanes with out even a signal light. Yeah I know, traffic is backed up going H-2 bound so I'll just stay over here while all the other suckers do the right thing (the right thing being staying patient and waiting there turn). And if they can't get over, well than they'll just slow right the freak down till they can (causing everyone behind them to slow untill the traffic is backed up past the Radford overpass.) I could go on and on but I'm sure I've already gone to far. I'm really looking forward to putting my "S" on the Matson boat and picking it up in the mainland. There are even more idiots there, but at least there is more room for them.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by rstark
Just crank up the tunes and ignore the a-holes.