Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

This Battle Station Is Fully Operational!!! Aem Intake Installed!!

Old 06-12-2002, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With much help from Ben aka S2k2nv, I got my AEM intake intalled today. The entire proceedure took about 2 hours and that is about 1/10th the time I would have needed if I did it on my own. Anyway, thank you Ben for helping a newbie out.

As for the intake itself. I do feel a difference in performance. I agree with those of you who have said that the bottom end is much better now with the intake than without. I dont "bog" anymore. But without dynoing the car I wouldnt be able to tell you anything specific. But if you trust my "butt-o-meter" there is a difference. And the sound of the intake is amazing. That alone is worth all 27,500 pennies I paid!!! At times it sounds like there is a blow-off valve which is pretty cool. And then when the car goes into vtec... well lets just say its something you have to experience for yourself. The feeling is beyond words

And how convenient that on my way home tonight that I should run into someone wanted a piece of the DARKSIDE. An Integra Type R, yellow one with some aftermarket exhaust and lowered as speeding up the Pali while I was merging onto the Pali near Hong Wan Ji mission church. I hear his BLING BLING exhaust as he headed Kaneohe bound. He must have been going about 70mph. Anyway I merge onto Pali and proceed to chase him down. Before we get to the Wyllie street off ramp I catch him and blow right by him going at a speed of... well... I dare not say After that I slow down and then he blows by me!!! I dont believe this so I speed up after him. Then he makes a right at Laimi Road where I need to turn to go home. So I make a right, he thinks I am chasing him so he speeds up again!! So I give him another run for his money. NOTE: those of you who have been to my place know that I live on a very NARROW and TWISTED road END NOTE but I couldnt resist the DARKSIDE, and I give into the temptation. shame on me. It turns out he lives on the same street as I do but he turns left and I turn right. Chances are we will see eachother again.

Anyway, thank you Ben for helping me with the installation, and thank you to those of you who gave me some advice on the intake. I really really enjoy it

Next project: brake callipers, and clear out headlights!! anyone interested??
Old 06-12-2002, 01:24 AM

man, it took me 3 hours to have it done in my car a long time ago...!! However, I went with Comptech after all (cuz I don't like the idea of Air Bypass Valve, and it rains pretty hard when it rains in northeast) I think you will be happy with it cuz that thing sounds very GOOD... and you definitely could feel the power gain..!!

if you are ever gonna do any other mod, let me know, I might be able to help... (have only done few CAIs, short shifter, exhausts, header, suspensions, sway bar, bumpers, and some other non-major thing)
Old 06-12-2002, 10:03 AM

Hey sup... your welcome man, I am glad that you are happy with your CAI"RED" as I love my CAI"BLUE".... Cant wait for our next project code name: "BBQ-ClearLight-BrakeColor-Drink" day sunshine I have already fallen to the DARKSIDE of the Force-S2k.... There is no turning back now my son... dang I just watched all 5 episodes (of course one burnt) yesterday... I see you just proved that "RED" is pretty fast but still "BLUE" is cooler
Old 06-12-2002, 04:36 PM

Your battle station may be operational, but I have a bunch of Ewoks that are going to help me take out your sheield generator...
Why didn't you guys tell me you were doing the install? I would've come to check out the install.
Let me know when "Operation Brake Calipers and Clear Headlights" is a go.
Darth: Speeding down Laimi?!
do not succumb to the dark side...
Old 06-16-2002, 11:00 PM

After reading this thread: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=67339 I'm not so sure painting the calipers is a good idea after all.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:37 AM

IMO, powder coated it the only way to go for the caliper..!!
Old 06-17-2002, 03:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had mine painted for a year now and they are now just starting to get dirty. I may change them to blue this week. Laters.
Old 06-17-2002, 04:23 AM

Originally posted by JDMs2000
I have had mine painted for a year now and they are now just starting to get dirty. I may change them to blue this week. Laters.
Really? I didn't notice them. So they're silver right? What kind of paint was used for it?
Old 06-17-2002, 04:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes they are silver. I just used regular high temp paint and cleaned them really well.
Old 06-17-2002, 04:43 AM

Originally posted by JDMs2000
Yes they are silver. I just used regular high temp paint and cleaned them really well.
What temperature was the paint rated for?

Quick Reply: This Battle Station Is Fully Operational!!! Aem Intake Installed!!