Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Bad Day.....

Old 02-19-2003, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again, thanks for the intel. I will call Dent Hawaii tomorrow. I appreciate the advice you've all given. Thanks
Old 02-20-2003, 04:08 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if dentless removal is the best way to go in Hawaii. From talking to bodyshops (so take this for what it's worth), the tools they use in dentless removal scratches of the rustproof coating on the inside of the panels. This wil make the car more prone to rust in the long run. Whether you plan on keeping the car that long is another story. Being in Hawaii with the salt water, I would think rust would be more prevelant. Dentless is really only recommended if you plan on selling the car as a touch-up.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:58 PM

My appointment at the Dent Doctor was this morning. I went there last week (wednesday) and scheduled an appointment for today. I was a little concerned about my decision, painted dent repair vs. paintless dent repair. The painted dent repair was about $500 dollars more than the paintless. It wasn't all about the price for me, it was the 3month cureing process for the paint. I just didn't want to have to wait that long to Zaino it. So anyways, I drop it off to the Dr. this morning (Jerry) and he tells me to come back in like 4 hours. I come back at about the four hour mark and my "S" is sitting by it self in a little corner (as if it had done something wrong?) Jerry sees me and comes out. BIG smile on his face telling me everything went well (like a surgeon coming out to tell the worried family) I go over and inspect the area in question and WOW!!!! It looked awesome, smooth with no blemishes. Couldn't believe it. Paid Jerry (Dr.) the quote he gave me and was on my way. I'm so thrilled to have those dents gone, it's like a new car again. Thanks to all for the advice, I believe Colin pointed me to the Dr., I appreciate it.
Old 03-11-2003, 01:08 PM

Thanks for posting your experience with the Dr.
I'm glad it went well. Does this mean you will be joining us for the March 30 NSX/S2000 cruise?
Old 03-11-2003, 05:33 PM

Glad to hear it went well.

It's too bad there are people who damage other peoples cars for no apparent reason. Sucks....
Old 03-11-2003, 06:27 PM

smccurry, why the hell not! It's about time I meet up with obviously my kind of people. Where do you guys normally meet/drive to? Changing gears, I clay barred my car today.....I'm pretty happy with it. I did the "rub your hand across the hood test" before and after the claying, honestly couldn't tell a huge difference. I bought it back in September and immediately applied all the Zaino numbers sequentially. I had about 10 coats of Z-2/Z-5 on her before this mornings clay job. Used Meguirars Clay bar on her, made sure there was plent of "lube" on the surface prior to claying. The entire clay job took approx. 30 minutes. Everything I read on claying said that initially, you would feel a bit of friction between the clay and the surface, I felt none. Which got me to thinking, "am I using to much lube?"...I mean, I've based my life on the theory, you can never have to much lube......Anyways, followed up the clay with Z-1/Z-2/Z-6...she looks good, I guess better than before. I think it's just dificult to really tell the difference on the Sebring Silver. I guess I've rambled on to long....let me know when and where on the 30th.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by midnitetalon
...I mean, I've based my life on the theory, you can never have to much lube......

errrrrr..... I'm not even gonna touch this one
Old 03-11-2003, 06:55 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by midnitetalon
[B]smccurry,
Old 03-11-2003, 10:08 PM

midnitetalon, the thread for the cruise is here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=106674
Old 03-12-2003, 09:06 PM

Thanks rstark!

Quick Reply: Bad Day.....