Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Bad Day.....

Old 02-15-2003, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Day.....

Somone, using there foot, kicked my "S" several times. They left in there wake, two crater like derpressions on my drivers side front quarterpanel. It happened in broad daylight in my covered parking stall in Ewa Beach. Six months of ownership, parking in the same spot....and this is the first incident. I don't know anyone over here and really never socialize with any of the people in my apartment compelx. I basically stick to myself. Im not rude and I don't make noise. I am just bewildered at who would do this to me. I guess it was just a random act of violence against a helpless victim (my "S") Where do I go on this island to get an estimate? Do I take it to the dealership (Tony Honda)? Is this going to jack up my insurance big time? Any and all responses would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:08 PM

That sucks ass :-( good luck on getting it fixed
Old 02-15-2003, 06:28 PM

Man, that sucks. If you use your insurance to cover it, more than likely your rates will increase. Talk to them to find out for sure. Take it to a good body shop, you can see what Tony Honda recommends, but it would be useless taking it to them directly. Good luck and hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:38 PM

Jealousy is an ugly thing. Sorry to hear that this happened to your car.
Some people just have to learn to grow up.
I hope that you will have it fixed up soon.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:59 PM

I appreciate the support, I guess when I posted the email it was to vent alittle.....I guess Monday I'll start looking for some bodyshops.....I don't feel good at all living in this apartment complex, my peace of mind is gone.....Tuesday might find me apartment hunting. Did you all hear about the drunk on Fort Barette road who crossed the double yellow and struck oncoming head on...two fatalities......it happened this morning around 0830......I live real close to the point of impact....what a day
Old 02-16-2003, 03:02 AM

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate luck. The best bodyshop (on their way to being the "unofficial S2000 repair center") is Autotech. Ask for Tomi or David, tell them I sent you. They fixed my car, and were selected by American Honda to fix cars damaged in transit.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:34 AM

Cool.....I just woke up (Sunday morning) and was looking through the yellow pages. I will call Autotech Monday for an appointment. Thanks Colin for the tip...
Old 02-19-2003, 02:02 PM

if your car has no scratches try taking it to hawaii dent repair right next to hypersports. they do paintless dent repair. one day someone hit my s on the quarter panel and left a pretty huge dent with no scratches. they did a super good job on fixing it and it cost only 120 dollars. i think his name is beau, some people call him the dent doctor
Old 02-19-2003, 07:02 PM

Geico sent me over to "Classic Bodywork" on Waihano road today. The claims adjuster estimated cost of repair just under $700 dollars. The adjuster told me a bodyshop would use heat to push out the dent and then paint over where they used the heat. I told him about Auto Tech and he said yeah, thats where honda sends it's customers. He suggested Central Body and Paint over on Kam Hwy. There are no scratches or paint damage where the dents are. Im real interested in the paintless option. I'd hate to have to wait like three months to zaino my "S" because of the cureing process. And $120 sounds better than nearly $700. I think I'll talk to Beau tomorrow...Thanks for the 411...I'll keep you all advised...
Old 02-19-2003, 09:06 PM

Actually, his company is Dent Hawaii, and we use him all the time for little dings and various lot damage. His number is 851-4700. He's the best on the island, and he'll tell you how much he thinks he can get out or if you should go to a body shop.

Quick Reply: Bad Day.....