Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Back from Thailand...

Old 06-07-2003, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back from Thailand...

And feeling good to be home.

I'll be posting up a few pics from where we were, unfortunately we didn't have much time to mingle with the public since we were shorthanded and got locked down (which means you can't leave the post) because the Threat Conditions varied due to Al Quaida movements up north.

I've been doing some catch up driving in my S and saw a stock-appearing black one taking the Kapiolani Blvd. cutoff headed westbound and a silver one with C-West stickers, dropped with I think HKS exhausts at Waikele. Nice to see fellow drivers around.

My best friend's gf was doing a move from Kaimuki to Pearl City and I followed them to their new home, on the way I met up with a Silver Matrix XR with rims/tires and exhaust (who knows what else) who rev'd at me. Since I was already doing a bit over 60, I put it in 3rd and we were off although the Matrix took off ahead of me.

We blew by my friend's truck on the left and right of him and I was gaining on him in 3rd and by the end of 3rd I caught up and passed him and by 4th I kept rolling away but I shut down before I hit 105mph. At that point I had about 2 lengths on him before I hit the flashers.

The Matrix and I slowed down to 55mph and my friend in the truck caught up with us and we gave each other the "Hawaiian Shaka".
That was the first fun I've had since coming back and luckily no blue lights around (whew).

The autocross on Sunday is where I'll be at and hopefully many of you guys too. Try not to laff too much at my stinkin' driving. All pity claps welcomed.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:33 AM

Welcome back, Jimmy. I think I will head down to check out the autocross. Now that I will be having Sundays off, I want to see what I'll be getting myself into.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:51 AM

It's cool, you get to drive your car to the edge safely without fear from police. There's a lot of cool people to meet and nice cars to look at. Some of the cars I would have never given a second look to on the streets are doing much better than I can in my S so it's a great event.

I'd like to see Colin or his wife come out and drive at an event, just so I can see what an experienced driver can do. I'll tell you what, why don't we both drive in the same heat and we can squash cones all day long in a pair of S2000's... (that'll piss off the track workers)

BTW, do you have a Snell Approved helmet? If so bring it along, otherwise you'll need to borrow one from the stand and who knows who's UKU's have been in there.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:25 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hyper-X
[B]BTW, do you have a Snell Approved helmet?
Old 06-08-2003, 08:44 PM

Uku's? Yikes!!!

Watch out for the crabbies! LOL.

You can use mine if you want, assuming we run in different heats. I don't have Uku's but I do have dandruff and pimples on the scalp that squirt puss all over the inside of the helmet without warning. If that's okay, then you can use my helmet anytime.

Hope you have fun!
Old 06-08-2003, 11:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hyper-X
[B]I don't have Uku's but I do have dandruff and pimples on the scalp that squirt puss all over the inside of the helmet without warning.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:32 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by smccurry
[B]