Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

AutoLand...

Old 10-30-2011, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AutoLand...

Seems to have an S for sale atleast once or twice a month. Any member here ever bought or sold thru them? Im always looking for that "one" to buy soon but i heard from a buddy some not so positive things and im wondering how they are selling cars with crazy wheel/suspension set-ups with NO recon papers? Please note i am not here to bash on a local business and who knows i might still be willing to buy a car from them if they have one that checks out. Just want to educate myself before making a buy.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:51 AM

i have a hard time trusting them. personal preference. it kinda seems like theyll just dress their cars all pretty but you'll end up coming back to get something fixed. my buddy bought a white MR2 w/ CF hood from there. So far he hasnt complained though. so again. personal preference.

I suggest, if you know cars, to take a look at everything you can in and out of the car and see if you notice anything wrong with it.
glwb
Old 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM

seems like they just put wheels / suspensions on their cars just to sell for more
Old 10-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

they are basically flipping cars. same as your local dealership but your local dealership will not mod their used cars to make extra cash.
from the s2ks i've seen them advertise, they were all mod'd with suspension and rims. nothing stock at all. gl!

personally, i would feel more comfortable buying from a private party who have everything in order.
in 07, i bought my03 with low miles completely stock from the 1st owner. all service was done at honda windward. warranty transferred over with 3 years left.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My friend bought a corolla and didnt have a problem.

I personally wouldnt go to them. They sell things way overpriced... Tenzos with tires for $2200? I got a set of 18s wit tires for 1100.

Their cars r like mentioned above^^ never stock. They purposely mod their cars so they can sell it higher. There was a white ap1? With like 80+k miles for 16k? Lol i dont think so man....

Just my 2cents
Old 10-30-2011, 06:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Felipe has the right idea, buy private party, bone stock, low miles and clean. I was looking for OEM take offs for my daily but those guys seem really hard sell, churn and burn IMO.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:28 PM

the silver s2k with the vented hood recently was at my barracks this morning
Old 10-31-2011, 04:02 AM

They have a red ap1 with a mg style splitter now! Damn I thought I was the only one with ap1 front and mg style splitter
Old 10-31-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by jonmizu
They have a red ap1 with a mg style splitter now! Damn I thought I was the only one with ap1 front and mg style splitter
Have to admit, i went to see the red one and i could smell fresh paint...couple panels were missing the vin tags and overall condition not commensurate with proposed mileage of 21k. Red seats had pretty good wear and obviously not the original black. Its a shame because if it is the original mileage, why all those things? The new wheels and suspension only made it harder for me to pursue...but im sure s/o out there will be happy with it...
Old 10-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

21k in that condition sounds very fishy. these guys are doing some terrible flipping. the worst are ap1 lips on ap2 bumpers
autoland ftl notice how all their sport cars look very similar

Quick Reply: AutoLand...