Ahhh! I see...

"If done right, no can defense." - Mr. Miyagi
Old 08-11-2003, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hyper-X
[B]Ahhh!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:35 AM

Well. today was a pretty busy day and I haven't had a chance to post my thoughts on this sundays event. It is inevitable that you will come away from a race weekend with either elation or disappointment and sometimes in between. This weekend definately falls into the 'in between' catagory. Then again I tend to overly critical of my performances.

Cones Cones and more cones. Cone marks on the front of the car! When I'm driving well, if I knock over cones, it's with the sides or rear of the car! On one hand, I'm pleased with the overall performance relative to the rest of the field. On the other hand, I know I left around 2+ seconds on the table! I can see EXACTLY where I could have gotten it. The first two seconds could have been gained by not hitting a cone! And the extra little here and there by taking the last slalom correctly. The video evidence supports this, I took it wrong on every run! Autocross is a mental game, and I definately wasn't thinking to clearly. Must be rust!

So to Hyper-X, I down!!!!! Your time shows tremendous improvment from your previous runs, and it's not just the tires, your runs were consistant and fast!

Enjoy it now cause Stephen and I are gonna you next time!
Old 08-12-2003, 01:20 AM

Colin, you would've whooped me if you didn't hit that cone during your first run... I mean a possible 51 second run? I had to work up to getting into the 52's but you did it on the first try. I'd better do some studying and come up with a strategy before the next event. I've got to figure out what I can do better in order to match your superior driving skill.

Every dog has his day, this time I guess it was mine but we'll see if I can keep this up in the following months to come. Stephen's been improving quickly and beat me at his first time out, and I believe his time will come soon.

My thing was to beat Jayson in his M3 this month... I got tired of seeing him at the top of the list. He did mention how his tires were worn from a prior track session so his performance may've been compromised a bit. If you ask me, I think I sensed some "fear" from him when he saw the new tires.

"If you wanna bet on racin', be a fool and bet on Jayson. He's too ugly to be the B-stock champ!"

Now regarding Colin...

"You've cut him. You see, you see... he's not a machine, he's a MAN!" - exerpt from Rocky IV
Old 08-12-2003, 01:37 AM

Well, I'm not about to 'dis someone in an open forum, but Jayson should have the "fear of S2000" instilled in him from all the times my wife beat him!

I'm all for this "beat up on the field" camaraderie among us Team S2000 guys........I just want to be the fastest S2000 guy.....
Old 08-12-2003, 04:06 AM

Originally posted by Hyper-X
Colin, you would've whooped me if you didn't hit that cone during your first run... I mean a possible 51 second run?
What you didn't see, was that he flat out killed that cone. I mean, it was almost in line with my front license plate

I am still replaying that track set-up in my mind right now, and wish I could have another run at it. Damn. Can't wait for the next event!
Old 08-12-2003, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by smccurry
What you didn't see, was that he flat out killed that cone. I mean, it was almost in line with my front license plate
Now that I didn't know. It's hard for me to imagine someone like Colin hitting a cone square in the front like that so I assumed he clipped it with the tires. Did the cone get sucked into the Mugen CAI? (nah, j/k)

We need to post some vids here, to share a sample of the action.

(I wonder if Joey has a camera mount in his car so we can see some open track action?)

"Team S2000 is coming to HRP bringing a whole lotta ass-whoopin' to A-Street Prepared and B-Stock next month."

Old 08-14-2003, 02:14 AM

The post is up at our new SCCA website featuring the "old dog" himself coming out of retirement.

Click here for the details!