Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Autocross at HRP this Sunday Aug 10th

Old 08-11-2003, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by smccurry
[B]

OHHHHH! Jimmy just barely edged you out Colin. As for me, what can I say. Very humbling experience. It's got me all fired up for the next event though. I will not go down like that.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:14 PM

Hey Jimmy, I just looked at the printout, and not only did you edge out Colin, you also edged out Collyer in the 911 and Guzman in the M3 for 1st PLACE IN B-STOCK!!! Congratulations! You're a better driver than you give yourself credit for. You also PAX'ed 14

Colin did break into the 51's, but he also hit a cone, so that doesn't count
If Colin decides to track his own car with race rubber, I think he'll be giving you boys in B-stock some hard competition. If he continues to use my car in ASP, the only guy to shoot for at the moment is Andy in his Z3, unless Joey shows up for the next event. hmmm, decisions, decisions...
Old 08-11-2003, 02:51 PM

I got lucky I guess, the way the cones were setup for the slalom was interesting... it seemed as though each successive cone got closer to the next which means the exiting speed would be affected tremendously, very interesting indeed. When I walked the course, I payed very close attention to the last portion after the off-camber and thought that if I took it at the fastest speed possible, I could shave off a couple of tenths off my time. I recall crossing the finish with the rear tires slipping.

The setup favored my style of driving (which kisses the 9k limit a lot) but keeping it in 1st thoughout the slalom allowed for a quick pickup in speed by just pushing to WOT toward the next section since I didn't lose any time downshifting from 2nd like most other cars.

The tires did help a lot, and since you and I are about on par with each other's skills Steve, I believe that you would've run in the same range with me on R compounds, plus you have the mech advantage plus all of those mods.

Jayson and Collyer are 2 fast SOB's... their experience and skill level towers over mine (especially Colin) and I aspire to get this month's time on street tires (that in itself is amazing... still scratching my head after seeing Colin do it).
Old 08-11-2003, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by Hyper-X
Jayson and Collyer are 2 fast SOB's... their experience and skill level towers over mine...
They are fast, and you were faster. Remember, they're on race rubber too.
Of course there is always room for improvement, and I'm sure you will.
Colin, (back in the old days) would routinely beat these guys by a second or two. But that was then, this is now. Let's see how Colin does after he:
a. gets used to my cars behavior, or
b. gets his car out again and brushes off the cobwebs
Old 08-11-2003, 03:29 PM

Here's a couple of stills that I took while working turn 3

Colin passing one of the cones that he didn't hit:

Jimmy, finishing his final, and best, run:

and check out the air this Scirocco (or was it an Audi?) catches with it's right rear tire:

sorry about the size, I wish I had a telephoto lens.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by Hyper-X
The tires did help a lot, and since you and I are about on par with each other's skills Steve, I believe that you would've run in the same range with me on R compounds, plus you have the mech advantage plus all of those mods.
Thanks for the flattery, but I think that I have some catching up to do. Enough with the friendly competition thing. Let's see some trash talkin'

You could fling a little Colin's way too...I think you'll need to rekindle his competitive fire
Old 08-11-2003, 04:43 PM

Naw, I'm not at the level to talk much trash to someone like Colin... I'm years behind for that. Colin could stop driving SCCA right now and I wouldn't catch up until years later.

I did however fling some trash towards my friend Taz who drove that annoying loud yellow Integra with all those street mods without breaking into the 50's. He got beat by my best friend's Camry in STS... a CAMRY! (well he has at least 2 years exp under his gut...)

I'm savoring the moment when they hand out the monthly awards next month and I'll make sure I'll have something for Jayson Guzman like "See dude, you don't wanna piece of this or any part of this, 'cuz you can't touch this..." or something like that.

What we need to do (S2000 drivers) is to dominate each of our classes. Once we occupy the top spots consistently, then we can talk trash all day, all night.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:55 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hyper-X
[B]I'm savoring the moment when they hand out the monthly awards next month and I'll make sure I'll have something for Jayson Guzman like "See dude, you don't wanna piece of this or any part of this, 'cuz you can't touch this..." or something like that.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:14 PM

Originally posted by smccurry
You just make sure to beat them again in B-stock, and after race rubber is on, see if Colin can't come through in ASP
I'll try my best... but those guys are fast. BTW, what's to stop YOU from edging out Colin in ASP?
Old 08-11-2003, 07:00 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hyper-X
[B]

I'll try my best... but those guys are fast.

Quick Reply: Autocross at HRP this Sunday Aug 10th