Autocross at HRP Oct. 26th Sunday

Old 10-19-2003, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOLO II: October 26 Hawaii Raceway Park
Heat 1: All Stock
Heat 2: ASP, BSP, CSP, DSP
Heat 3: ESP, FSP, All Modified
Heat 4: All Prepared, STS, SM

It's time again for this month's event. Check your oil, water and air... finish installing those mods and start formulating a plan to dominate your respective class. The weather's cooling down a bit and it's bound to get more exciting as more new faces show up with their kick-ass rides.

Colin took the previous month off, Mike Friedman drove Joey's car to the day's 2nd fastest overall time.(remember doing this before Colin?) Stephen won his respective ASP class driving extremely well for 2 months straight, and my car's stock so I'm sure nobody wants to hear anything about that. I wonder if Joey got that turbo installed yet, hmm.

Bdrift got screwed with his times in his STI and he's been classified to run AS with the rest of the STI's until further notice.

Team S2000, let's do this again. The Subaru team showed up in large numbers last month so let's remind them what we're about!

Old 10-19-2003, 11:52 PM

now now let's do some real racing and hit the track on ssaturday for speedgear's track day and show what honda's can do .
Old 10-22-2003, 06:35 PM

Hey Joey, is the car boosted now?
Old 10-22-2003, 07:24 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hyper-X
SOLO II:
Old 10-22-2003, 07:28 PM

Anyone know if the food shack place is gonna be open for this event? I assume the answer is no, but just asking. You know, the place that makes those ono plate lunch kine grinds? I know they're open like at night for some of the drag events. Yummy food + fast cars =
Old 10-22-2003, 08:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by danalo
Anyone know if the food shack place is gonna be open for this event?
Old 10-22-2003, 08:24 PM

I've never seen the food shack open during any auto-x event. There's always Wendy's, Zippy's and such for lunchtime.

It's gonna be cool to have more S2000's show up, hopefully the usual Team S2000 crew shows up with new additions at every event. The Subaru's are growing in numbers like an infestation so we need to make it count in our respective classes.

We're in good hands since the Vietnam (wait, I mean... Seasoned) veteran is on our side driving a very capable S2000. Since he has experienced being damn close to Curtis' times, I'm hoping for an upset.
Joey's car seems more than capable at last month's event giving us a taste of what it can do. I'm certain it opened a lot of eyes when they saw the numbers.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:44 PM

It's finally here! I wish they had autocrosses every 2 weeks. A month is just too long. I don't have race rubber yet, but hopefully some extra camber will be dialed in...
I'm hoping the track runs fast again. See you all there.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:02 PM

Sup Steve, how's that Cali trip? Good to have you back, let's do this again!

Well, you did quite well last month and although I can say the course was fast, I'm hoping for the same type of layout again. Sure it favors your setup combined with your driving style, but I'd like another crack at the course. I don't like it when how the track is setup determines my driving ability.

I've been running a few tests based on the experiences from last month, and have a few ideas to try out this weekend. Make no mistake, I'm coming to get ya Steve!

Old 10-23-2003, 01:37 AM

Cali was great. lows of 63 and highs of 75, clear skies. Wish I got to sample the nightlife a little though.
Anyway, I think we're going to have to concentrate on Colin. There may be a little inter-team sabotage going on...
oh, wait, it's my car

Quick Reply: Autocross at HRP Oct. 26th Sunday