Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Autocross August 1st & Upcoming Events

Old 08-02-2004, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smccurry,Aug 2 2004, 11:19 AM
We saw a white S2000 (blitzSRM?) but didn't see the owner by his car so couldn't say hi.
That was me, I went to the track around 3:30 to 4pm. I walked up to the driver of the Red S2000, Jimmy i think his name was, he blew his camery up so he is driving Hyper's car. He pointed down the field, to where he thought Hyper was.... went down and looked for someone with hairy legs . Didn't find him.

So i went down the track to watch. Met Robert, a driver of a CRX. He was watching the cones, and gates down there. When i saw him drive, it seemed like he was one of the faster ones.

The 240Z was really fast.

All in all, it seems very addicting. Saw the Red S2 run 3 times, wish i can control my car like that.

I got paged (around 5pm) from work and had to leave quick. Didn't get a chance to talk to you guys.

Next time I'll talk to you guys. What is the next date? what time do I have to be there to register?
Old 08-02-2004, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by BlitzSRM,Aug 2 2004, 08:30 PM
That was me, I went to the track around 3:30 to 4pm. I walked up to the driver of the Red S2000, Jimmy i think his name was, he blew his camery up so he is driving Hyper's car. He pointed down the field, to where he thought Hyper was.... went down and looked for someone with hairy legs . Didn't find him.

So i went down the track to watch. Met Robert, a driver of a CRX. He was watching the cones, and gates down there. When i saw him drive, it seemed like he was one of the faster ones.

The 240Z was really fast.

All in all, it seems very addicting. Saw the Red S2 run 3 times, wish i can control my car like that.

I got paged (around 5pm) from work and had to leave quick. Didn't get a chance to talk to you guys.

Next time I'll talk to you guys. What is the next date? what time do I have to be there to register?
I don't know Robert personally, but he is a good and aggressive driver. He did win his class (E-mod) but only placed 22nd overall. He's done better. In fact, last month he placed 7th overall!!!

The guy that blew up his Camry is Elton, who is co-driving Jimmy's car (mr. hairy legs )

The guy in the 240z that you're probably talking about is Curtis Lee. He has never notbeen no.1 overall while I have been racing (I started last year about July).

The next event is on August 29 and if you are running in stock class (don't know what mods you have), I recommend you show up by 8:15 a.m.

Hope to see you out there!
Old 08-02-2004, 11:16 PM

Damn, that course was scary and that made it fun! I mean the section right before the crossover was the scariest thing I've ever run into and I found myself chicken'ing out by braking a little early just so I don't spin out, hit the concrete barrier and take out the gallery.

Thanks for the compliments Steve, but I don't think I deserve it. None of my runs "felt" right and it seemed when I drove slower, I went faster. I had some problems with that last Chicago box after the offset slaloms as I wasn't in the correct gear. You and Colin were right, it's a lot easier to control and smoother in 2nd gear, but my revs drop too darn low to pickup speed at 4000 rpms and found myself lugging more than I'm willing to admit. I feel happy that I was able to edge out Andy by a whisker, and I don't know how I got in front of Colin... Steve, you had enough mojo to secure a spot in the elite 10. You're my hero (you too Colin).

This month includes a complete makeover for the top 15 time slots IMHO. Joyce Murray whooped me good this month (probably revenge from last month), along with Jayson Guzman w/ a 56.143 best in a B-stock car on fresh rubber edging out Team S2000's "Ace" for 9th place. I'm glad I'm not in B-stock anymore Jayson took it upon himself to kindly remind all of us what he serves on a fresh set of tires and good driving. He's gonna be sitting in that King's chair for a while... perhaps Avery can take it to him and swipe the chair from under him when he's not looking. How about Matsushige and his Camaro for 2nd overall The STI duo Barry and Mike turned up impressive numbers, the Van Orman twins were seperated by .013 seconds w/ dad beating the son. Is it just me or are people just raising the roof on their driving skills? Elton almost beat Beverly Polin (nationally ranked Miata driver) but he's coming around (I almost bust a tear when I heard him cross the finish in VTEC). I'm so proud of the boy... now he just needs to do it more often!

I'll be posting the autocross impressions in a new thread, hopefully there'll be some nice photos to accompany the story.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:18 PM

I was looking through the archives, and just realized that Colin and I have been beat by Jimmy before.
The results from the August 10, 2003 autocross shows that the red S2000 driven by James Nomura finished at 17th overall and paxed 14 in B-stock.
Colin finished at 18th overall and paxed 26 in ASP (this was his first time driving my car)
I finished at 43rd overall and paxed 52 in ASP (this was my second event)

Perhaps this is just a cycle. I will try my best to hold off Jimmy.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:15 AM

I'm stock, but will have a spoon replica intake snorkel by then.

Don't know much about the classes you guys are talking about, i'll google it.

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by smccurry,Aug 2 2004, 09:18 PM
I will try my best to hold off Jimmy.
Steve, you've been stiff-arming me so hard I have a nice imprint of your hand on my face.

Old 08-03-2004, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by avery,Aug 2 2004, 07:21 PM
Hi Guys,

Great driving from you S2000 folks. Jimmy great result. I really enjoyed the track layout. Very fluid and very fast. I believe my car had a 57 in it, but the driver could not pull it out in Sunday .

I had a great time anyways, Avery
Hehe, it appeared to me like every Team S2000 driver was having his share of problems at some point of the course, I know I was. Thanks Avery, I try to do you proud. I truly believe that the back stretch section before the crossover was a braking competition... the only who could use the most effective braking there shaved off a good half second so it wasn't just about horsepower, it was about braking just as much.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by BlitzSRM,Aug 2 2004, 11:15 PM
I'm stock, but will have a spoon replica intake snorkel by then.

Don't know much about the classes you guys are talking about, i'll google it.

Thanks for the info.
I think that snorkel is still keeping you in BS (B-stock) class. Jimmy was running that so I'm sure he'll know. Let us know if you have any questions whatsoever. We should get together before the next auto-x and talk about it (Jimmy?, Colin?). Maybe over some beers or Best Motoring videos
Old 08-03-2004, 08:07 PM

You're right, Jimmy. Elton is steadily improving. Also, Jon's 2nd overall is incredible. I don't know how he managed to get 3 runs in the mid 58 through mid 59 seconds and then smoke a 54.175 on his last run (maybe he's running NOS?)
The subie guys are giving us a hard time now. I don't think that the understeer problem applies to Mike Friedman or Barry Lai anymore. They are rotating their AWD rides with ease. Must find another way to sabotage their success

Oh, btw, the only person that I ended beating due to my protest to include my re-run was Joyce. She would have edged me out of the top 10 otherwise. I'm sure she wasn't too happy about it, but when Colin and I reviewed the film, there was this one cone right in the middle of the course before the triangle that I did have to drive around to attack the left entrance which probably did slow me down so too bad.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by smccurry,Aug 3 2004, 05:53 PM
We should get together before the next auto-x and talk about it (Jimmy?, Colin?). Maybe over some beers or Best Motoring videos
This is Stephen's way of volunteering my house for videos....

Quick Reply: Autocross August 1st & Upcoming Events