Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Autocross August 1st & Upcoming Events

Old 07-29-2004, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autocross August 1st & Upcoming Events

It's been pretty slow in the Hawaii forums, but hey... autocross weekend is soon to come this Sunday so get ready for a full day of fun! The next 2 months are going to be filled with a lot of exciting opportunities for you to come out and test yourself against some of the best drivers on Oahu. It also involves a day for you wrench-heads to fine-tune your car and discover the best settings to fit your needs. BTW, Bruce made it down to witness what autocross was all about last event and he looked like he had a lot of fun watching the event unfold. You don't have to come out to drive (but I highly recommend it), but if you feel better watching the action from afar, it's free as you only pay if you drive. Don't forget to bring a camera/camcorder when you come.

If you've read any of my prior posts giving lots of merit to Stephen and Colin... to some it may seem like a lot of hype, however once you see these 2 drive that black Mugen monster, you'd see that it's no hype, those guys are fast. They're in the position where I want to be someday, but the current attendance of the super-freakin'-mega-insanely-fast mofo's have been coming out more often nowdays so my chances of getting in the top positions appear to be slim, so I'll try my best not to embarass you guys/gals by not allowing a Kia Spectra to beat my times. (crosses fingers)

Here's the breakdown: (Steve and Colin runs in Heat 1 and 2)
(Elton and Jimmy runs in Heat 3 and 4)

August 1 - Hawaii Raceway Park
Heat 1: ESP, FSP, All Modified
Heat 2: All Prepared, STS, SM
Heat 3: All Stock
Heat 4: ASP, BSP, CSP, DSP

August 29 - Hawaii Raceway Park (Steve and Colin runs in Heat 1 and 2)
(Elton and Jimmy runs in Heat 3 and 4)

Heat 1: All Prepared, STS, SM
Heat 2: All Stock
Heat 3: ASP, BSP, CSP, DSP
Heat 4: ESP, FSP, All Modified

!!! 2 autocrosses in 1 month !!!

September 25 - Hawaii Raceway Park
Test & Tune All Day - SATURDAY

*** Bring your floor jack/jack stands, tools and lots of rags (hand cleaner helps a lot too) because this is when you can fine tune your suspension to do what you want it to do.

Suggestions for the first time driver/novice/spectator:

1. Don't worry about "looking dumb" or "looking like you're gonna drive slow". The drivers can recognize the regulars from the novices so you're going to stick out anyway. The good part is that nobody's going to look down at you except for you. Everybody was a noob at some point (except Colin since he's been racing before Hawaii became a state).

2. If you don't have a helmet, the SCCA will loan you one.

3. Closed toe shoes, a hat (maybe), shades, sunblock, water and cool-colored clothes will help a lot. We all get nice sunburn out there even with sunblock sometimes!

4. Don't expect anyone to bring something you might need. Bring whatever that'll make you comfortable out there.

5. Don't be so serious. Go out, drive the course, learn the rules, talk to and meet people... bottom line, have fun!

6. When you see a red S2000 spin out, cheer the guy on because it's likely that he's upset at himself and a little demotivated so every little bit of support helps!

See you out there!!!

Old 07-29-2004, 02:07 AM

You sure know how to hype it up, Jimmy
You're making me want to drive! oh, I am going to drive.
Make no mistake, you're getting a lot faster. You're going to beat Colin or I one of these races. I better start modding again!

See you on the course.

BTW, are you going to help set it up again?
Old 07-30-2004, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by smccurry,Jul 29 2004, 12:07 AM
You sure know how to hype it up, Jimmy
You're making me want to drive! oh, I am going to drive.
Make no mistake, you're getting a lot faster. You're going to beat Colin or I one of these races. I better start modding again!

See you on the course.

BTW, are you going to help set it up again?
Ha, better make that Stephen or I (beat Stephen first)!
Old 07-30-2004, 07:55 AM

DAMN!! I wish I could join you guys. If I was there then Jimmy can just say that It was me in the NFR that spun out and did a donut in the middle of the track.

I'm having fun out here but working my azz off. See ya guys sometime around Jan

Peace out!
Old 07-30-2004, 01:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hope you guys have fun, I wish I could be there. I'll be on mainland until the end of August, so I'll miss the autocrosses and the car show! Maybe a cruise or autoX in september? I'll get my NFR out to the track sooner or later, then me and jimmy can put on a show of spinning NFR's. Later, Nate.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:11 PM

Might go to watch for now, if its the right time? What time does it start and how long does it last.

Spun out this week, I'd be good to know the limits of this car
Old 08-02-2004, 02:13 AM

Good job today Jimmy. You made me look like a prophet!

Why do I feel like I have a big bullseye on my back now...
Old 08-02-2004, 01:19 PM

My reply last night was brief. I was sunburnt and tired.
WOW!!
Jimmy also edged out Andy Barnes to capture the ASP title and get another "blue cone"

Not to take anything away from Jimmy's accomplishment, but overall, team S2000 dropped in the standings this month. If Pat Olsen wasn't out to sea, there would have been no S2000's in the top 10.
Team NFR's car and drivers are on the rise, and team BB's car and/or driver's are losing competitiveness. We can't even use our "We've got yer Zoom Zoom" magnet anymore since Jason Dovgan beat us in his Miata!!

o.k. enough whining. We will be back! (I checked tirerack, but the victoracers are on backorder )

Colin and I helped to set up the track on the back half of the track yesterday. I really liked the flow of the course. It was a hot hot day, but thanks to the steady breeze was bearable. We saw a white S2000 (blitzSRM?) but didn't see the owner by his car so couldn't say hi.

Keep up the good work Jimmy. Let's see if we can't regain our composure, get Elton more familiar with your car, and get 4 S2000's in the top 10 again! (This would be awesome!)
Old 08-02-2004, 09:21 PM

Hi Guys,

Great driving from you S2000 folks. Jimmy great result. I really enjoyed the track layout. Very fluid and very fast. I believe my car had a 57 in it, but the driver could not pull it out in Sunday .

I had a great time anyways, Avery
Old 08-02-2004, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by avery,Aug 2 2004, 07:21 PM
Hi Guys,

Great driving from you S2000 folks. Jimmy great result. I really enjoyed the track layout. Very fluid and very fast. I believe my car had a 57 in it, but the driver could not pull it out in Sunday .

I had a great time anyways, Avery
You already pax'd 14! Would have been in the top 5 if you got a 57. Oh well, you've always been an overachiever. Pretty darn good considering this was more of a high horsepower track.

Quick Reply: Autocross August 1st & Upcoming Events