Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Anyone up for a last cruise b4 the winter sets in?

Old 11-04-2002, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Heyitsgary

I am curious, if you wanted to drive on another island, are there ferries, or are you SOL?
I've heard that you can ship your car to an outer island for a minimal fee, but I don't believe it's a ferry. I think it's a regular cargo ship and you have to fly over and meet your car there the next day.
It would almost be worth it to get away from Oahu for about a week. There aren't too many roads on this island to really have fun carefree. Law enforcement is everywhere, and hungry to give tickets to imports. I've heard that The Big Island has some epic long and twisty stretches of road (ahhhh, that would be nice).
Old 11-05-2002, 12:03 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pfb
[B]
But my shoulder is also still sore from the shore-break that dumped me while body surfing
Old 11-05-2002, 05:57 AM
pfb

Originally posted by smccurry

Hey pfb, how did you enjoy your stay? Did you go to any other islands than Kauai?
We've had some huge swells of surf on the north shore here recently. If you were out in that 25' surf, you were lucky to get away with just a sore shoulder.
Kauai had some big waves on the North shore while we where there; we*watched* the really big surf from shore. Loved our trip. This was our second time to Kauai, and we rented a house in between Hanelei and Haena. No other islands other than a plan change in Honolulu. Just 10 days of beaching, playing in the surf, hiking, paddling, etc.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:27 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally posted by smccurry
Just kidding. I was just reading the forums and couldn't help but notice all the poor saps on the mainland starting threads on their last cruises of the year.

Aren't we lucky we can go top down year round?
HECK whose putting it away!!!!

Diehards like Gary and I just put on a silly hat and go!!!!!! (I need to find the silly picture of Garys hat also!)

8:00 AM Philly, PA. THIS MORNING 40 degrees and top down

Old 11-05-2002, 10:44 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,002 Likes on 518 Posts

You mean this one Mike?

40 this morning. Don't even need the hat for that. Wimp!
Old 11-05-2002, 12:45 PM

For some reason I thought it was really cold lastnight!!! Got down to the low 70's!!! seesh
Old 11-05-2002, 12:55 PM

Originally posted by pfb

Kauai had some big waves on the North shore while we where there; we*watched* the really big surf from shore. Loved our trip. This was our second time to Kauai, and we rented a house in between Hanelei and Haena. No other islands other than a plan change in Honolulu. Just 10 days of beaching, playing in the surf, hiking, paddling, etc.

Here's a pic from our last cruise taken at an elementary school (just as a reminder of Hawaii for you).

Old 11-05-2002, 02:21 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Heyitsgary
[B]You mean this one Mike?
Old 11-05-2002, 02:43 PM

never to cold for top down its called a hat, jacket, heat and even a blanket.........ill go topless down into the 30's.......i may get sick but hell i bought a topless car whats the use of puttin the top up.....hell i wouldve bought a coupe for that.....
Old 11-05-2002, 03:17 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,002 Likes on 518 Posts

First, Paulie and I infiltrate the Louisiana club, now Mike, Jen and I take over the Hawaii club. Go DelVal!

I must say, the Hawaii pics are some of the best out there, probably why I look for new pics there every day.

Oh, hey Darth... "For some reason I thought it was really cold lastnight!!! Got down to the low 70's!!! seesh"

That's cruel, plain cruel.

Quick Reply: Anyone up for a last cruise b4 the winter sets in?