Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Anyone up for a last cruise b4 the winter sets in?

Old 11-04-2002, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone up for a last cruise b4 the winter sets in?

Just kidding. I was just reading the forums and couldn't help but notice all the poor saps on the mainland starting threads on their last cruises of the year.

Aren't we lucky we can go top down year round?
Old 11-04-2002, 05:52 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,002 Likes on 518 Posts

Thanks! We appreciate your sarcasm.

BTW, whats it like driving in a big circle all the time

Have fun,

G
Old 11-04-2002, 06:59 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Heyitsgary
[B]Thanks!
Old 11-04-2002, 08:35 AM
Member (Premium)

The grass is always greener.....

Each of the groups has something. Would I like nice weather year round, ABSOLUTELY. Would I like scenery like some of the groups, ABSOLUTELY.

Would I trade in the group of people in the DelVal club, or the windy back roads of Eastern Pennsylvania, ABSOLUTELY NOT.

If I was thinking about moving my choices would include the Smoky Mountain area, or Arizona.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by smccurry
Just kidding. I was just reading the forums and couldn't help but notice all the poor saps on the mainland starting threads on their last cruises of the year.
I was so ready to jump on this thread and flame you all! I wanted to know how in the heck it could get so cold in Hawaii that you had to put your cars away. You got me for sure.

Yes Smccurry, there are days I really do feel like a sap, my beautiful Spa is stuck in the garage under a blanket and I can't even start it up for 5 months. UGH!!!

There are actually a few good things that come from it though, it took me less than 6 months to put 11,500 miles on my car, so during storage when I put on 0 miles it makes me feel like the car will last longer, otherwise I would be doing about 25,000 miles a year on this car. The other good thing is the joy I feel in the spring. When the car comes out of the garage, it is like having a new car every spring.

Enjoy your winter, believe me, we will be thinking of you hanging out in the sun, near the beach, next to the palm trees.....
Old 11-04-2002, 12:25 PM
Member (Premium)

TripleH -

My sentiments exactly. Although I plan on driving the S a little over the winter (this is my first winter with it), it will only be days where its cold, not nasty road conditions. It'll make both me and Betty feel a little better about the winter here. I expect one day a week or so.

As for mileage, I'm going to pass 9000 this week, and got the car in mid-June. Without a break, I'd also be near 25K in a year.

Did I read the WGI thread right, you guys already had your first dusting of snow. OUCH!

And glad to see other east coasters watch the South and West threads, in hope to catch some sunny pics with some S's in them when the weather sucks around here.
Old 11-04-2002, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by Triple-H

There are actually a few good things that come from it though...
Actually, there's more truth to that than you might think. I think we take it for granted that we have such temperate weather. I have no doubt that having the S taken away for several months of the year will make you appreciate it more when you can drive it again.

BTW, thanks for not taking my jest too seriously. The fact that no other Hawaii member posted to this means they want no part of it
Old 11-04-2002, 03:27 PM

Originally posted by smccurry
BTW, thanks for not taking my jest too seriously. The fact that no other Hawaii member posted to this means they want no part of it
I think the rest of us were waiting to see how many flames you got for posting this.
Old 11-04-2002, 03:33 PM
Member (Premium)

You're dealing with east coasters here, and two very vocal ones at that.

Everythings in good fun, why else do it.

Enjoy those big ovals called islands on your next drive.

I am curious, if you wanted to drive on another island, are there ferries, or are you SOL?
Old 11-04-2002, 04:10 PM
pfb

I have 16" of snow in my driveway an 3' long icicles hanging down from my roof right now.

But my shoulder is also still sore from the shore-break that dumped me while body surfing in Kauai two weeks ago reminding me of warmer climes...

And the ski season here in Colorado is looking to be a great one!

Quick Reply: Anyone up for a last cruise b4 the winter sets in?