Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Anyone Kayaked the Na Pali Coast?

Old 02-01-2003, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Kayaked the Na Pali Coast?

I'm off to Kaui and Ouahu in May. I want to kayak the Na Pali Coast, and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a one of the tour groups?
Maybe family or a friend. As long as I am giving my business to someone, It might as well be to someone from the Hawaii group.

I thought about 3 days in Kaui and the rest of the week in Ouahu.

Dave
Old 02-01-2003, 04:53 PM

Don't know, but PM me when it get close for my cell # if you want to hook up.
Old 02-01-2003, 06:50 PM

That sounds Great! Thanks
Old 02-01-2003, 08:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

What kinda nut case goes to Hawaii in May???? Oh wait! You don't have winter, do you?
Oh wait again! I'm going in JUNE!!!!

Have fun till you can't stand it no mo!
Old 02-02-2003, 03:48 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave - since you're a fireman, you're probably in good shape. But damn make sure whoever else you are going with is as well. My wife was pretty much no help 5 mins into the tour. It the water is choppy, (which it shouldn't be so bad in May) look for a total waste of a day. We have been to Hawaii many times and on different islands various times. I think my worst experience has to be taking an all day boat tour along the coast of Kauai. Half the boat was sea sick (luckily I wasn't) 1hr in. Watching people leaning off the side of the boat for the next 7 hrs depositing food made the trip very queasy. Have a good time though, there is no place for better scenery.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by turbo_pwr
[B]Dave - since you're a fireman, you're probably in good shape.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:08 AM
pfb

I've been to the north shore of Kauai and the NaPali coast a few times... been out in sea Kayaks there but not all the way around to the east shore.

The difficulty of the trip is hugely dependent on conditions. High surf makes the trip undoable or at least ultra-extremely-dangerous in the winter, but even in the summer periods of high surf or winds might spoil your plans. Also spending even 3 hours wedged into a Kayak can make you feel like a pretzel and have you dying to get out, regardless of your condition.

It is supposed to be a fantastic adventure if things go well, though.

As for Kauai in general, I think you could spend the entire week there no problem. Lots of great hiking, waterfalls, body surfing, boogie boarding, north shore beaches are fantastic, not nearly as commercial as the tourist areas in other islands.
Old 02-02-2003, 12:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fireslayer
[B]Dave,,, when and where are you going.
Old 02-02-2003, 03:52 PM

Received 2,757 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Take a helicopter tour on Kauai...absolutely spectacular and worth the money! To me that's the best way to appreciate the Na Pali Coast.
Old 02-02-2003, 05:06 PM
pfb

Originally posted by MsPerky
Take a helicopter tour on Kauai...absolutely spectacular and worth the money! To me that's the best way to appreciate the Na Pali Coast.
I have heard that from so many people. I took an Air Kauai ride, and while it was fun, it was nowhere near the highlight of the trip, although quite expensive. I'd say the hiking on the *top* ridge of the Napali coast (accessible from the top of Wiamiea canyon, the small powerboat ride from the East shore around NaPali in heavy surf, and body surfing at Secret Beach are my highlights...

Quick Reply: Anyone Kayaked the Na Pali Coast?