Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Any idea where I can find

Old 07-27-2003, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any idea where I can find

Looking for ASM carbon fiber hood. Anyone know anyone that sells this? or makes a copy of it?

-Snuff
Old 07-27-2003, 03:19 PM

Is this for your STi or your S2000? I've never heard of the brand ASM. What does the acronym stand for?
Old 07-27-2003, 07:10 PM

A Silly Mod
Old 07-27-2003, 07:22 PM

Old 07-27-2003, 07:23 PM

Here are some pics of it.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=84902

check the link out.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:45 PM

carbon hood's suck very unsafe in the event of a rear end collision they have no crumple zone plus they weigh more than stock seeing is you race your car this would mean sacraficing safety over the bling blingggg affect.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:12 PM

the ASM hood has nice crumple zones just in case you do get into an accident, if you check out the link the person shows where the hood should fold like the stock one.

-Snuff
Old 08-05-2003, 09:34 PM

what's a fake hood as I remember carbon fiber is used alot for heat deflection especially in aero space purposes not for heat release and yes it is for the bling mainly like your car is only about the bling not the zing [trailer queen] this is why they was a topic where they some promoter's considered banning carbon hood's from racing purpose as one individual was decapatated in a race as a result of a caron hood being to stiff and not being able to crumple under impact as a stock hood would carbon ultra stiff aluminum flexy with crumple zone's maybe they have changed they building because of such accident's I don't know I just like to beat my car and still feel safe in they event of a crash mahalo joey.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:01 PM

Well, you're right that carbon fiber is a great heat insulator, but I think jdm meant heat release in a 'vented' cf hood, which the ASM clearly is not.
I came across a Japanese mag which had a couple of pages dedicated to ASM, which by the way means Autobacs Second-hand Market. They are of dry carbon construction and cost about half of what Amuse charges. I don't know the weight, but since it's dry carbon, I'm sure it's lighter than stock. And they did show the creases on the underside of the hood at roughly the mid-point of the hood to show off the 'crumple zone'. Although there was no added benefit of cooling from a vent, they did allow space for fitment of the Mugen CAI by adding a blister on the left side of the hood ala the Mugen cf hood.
It was in the latest VTEC Sports magazine, which I'm trying to get my Japanese friend to get a copy for me. It heavily featured the S2000 in this issue.

Is it bling? sure. But it's also functional. Nothing wrong with being dual-purpose
Old 08-05-2003, 10:07 PM

funtion is great along with safety is a major plus mahalo joey.

Quick Reply: Any idea where I can find