Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

aloha

Old 03-12-2009, 02:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't heard of any S2000s getting ripped off/stolen here.. we all know each other, except for a few stray S2000s here and there that are mostly owned by older gentlemen/ladies. The only people that would steal your supercharger for instance is one of us... haha jk.

You mostly have to worry about haters calling you out on the interstate, and one guy threw a rock at my car??? I don't know why but I guess that could happen to any car. I would look into Manoa if you will be working in Waikiki. 1600 a month gets me Cable, internet, electricity, water, etc in a 2 bedroom apartment w/private driveway parking . I just pay the flat rate split w/GF. Plus, you will enjoy the silence in the valley compared to Waikiki late night drunken fights on street corner etc. let us know when you are situated though.. I wanna see that SC!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by istdercollen,Mar 12 2009, 02:27 PM
I haven't heard of any S2000s getting ripped off/stolen here.. we all know each other, except for a few stray S2000s here and there that are mostly owned by older gentlemen/ladies. The only people that would steal your supercharger for instance is one of us... haha jk.

You mostly have to worry about haters calling you out on the interstate, and one guy threw a rock at my car??? I don't know why but I guess that could happen to any car. I would look into Manoa if you will be working in Waikiki. 1600 a month gets me Cable, internet, electricity, water, etc in a 2 bedroom apartment w/private driveway parking . I just pay the flat rate split w/GF. Plus, you will enjoy the silence in the valley compared to Waikiki late night drunken fights on street corner etc. let us know when you are situated though.. I wanna see that SC!
I'd love to find a different place but we are really low on time. Anywhere to check other than Craigslist?
Old 03-12-2009, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man lately though i think cops are more into speeders than recon haha i got pulled over and got a "switching lanes with out blinker" ticket but nothing or recon or for tint... although they did end up taking away my safety... haha and s2sen hes in waiks all the time and hes got blinging purple hids haha
Old 03-12-2009, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by killerbee_vr6,Mar 12 2009, 12:41 PM
I'd love to find a different place but we are really low on time. Anywhere to check other than Craigslist?
Craigslist has the biggest slection. just type Manoa and your price range. I'll go look at it for you and take pics if its within the next 12 days, after that I will be in Utah for month.

here's a pic, .. if the guys taking this picture turned around and took another shot it would be 40 story buildings and ocean view.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

i think people just want our seats. haven't heard of too many s2000s being stolen or vandalized.
it's ideal for you to live in waikiki since you both work there. the wifey and i ended up in aiea because its in the middle of our commutes. good luck!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:49 PM

where in waiks will you be living? i live work and play there. so far so good (knock on wood). its all about knowing how to get in and out of where you live. let me know when you get here can show you the ropes in waiks jon hows the lip? get it on yet?
Old 03-12-2009, 08:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s_2sen,Mar 12 2009, 07:49 PM
where in waiks will you be living? i live work and play there. so far so good (knock on wood). its all about knowing how to get in and out of where you live. let me know when you get here can show you the ropes in waiks jon hows the lip? get it on yet?
On Seaside almost at Ala Wai.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:18 PM

ooo right in the middle of waiks. i live by kings village more towards the zoo and work at the biginning of waiks . if i have to drive i go the long way around. i work at a bar so i get to work before the cops are out in force and i get home way after 5 so i guess my lucks all with timing. theres some nice clubs in waiks and with parking prices going up you have prime parking
Old 03-12-2009, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by killerbee_vr6,Mar 12 2009, 08:01 PM
On Seaside almost at Ala Wai.

i am on Seaside and Ala Wai too, which building?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by jonmizu,Mar 12 2009, 04:03 PM
man lately though i think cops are more into speeders than recon haha i got pulled over and got a "switching lanes with out blinker" ticket but nothing or recon or for tint... although they did end up taking away my safety... haha and s2sen hes in waiks all the time and hes got blinging purple hids haha
taking away the safety seems to be the new cop fad around here. Heard about quite a few guys having this happen in the past few weeks.

I believe the proper term for your ticket is "failure to signal intentions," I always like the way that sounded. Good name for a rock and roll album.

Good luck in court with that one, it'll be your word against his. You may get some judge mercy if you show that your purchased a blinker bulb within a day or two of the ticket and then claim it blew and you were on your way to checker, or better yet, ignorant of the issue and the officer pointed out the problem so you went to get a bulb..

just an idea.

Quick Reply: aloha