Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

aloha

Old 03-12-2009, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aloha

Hi, my GF and I are moving to the island from Oakland, CA on May 1st. I'll be bringing my KW supercharged Rio '06 with me. I think I have the whole recon thing figured out, any good places to get aligned? We will be living for the first six months in Waikiki back by the canal.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will hate living in waikiki with a modded car. welcome to Oahu. Also Island Brake and Alignment is A+++ with lowered cars and ridiculous specs. They'll do whatever you want without even asking a question. Seriously.. you are gonna get a ticket everyday driving home in Waiks.. ESPECIALLY ON THE WEEKENDS.. I'm really serious and REALLY want to emphasize that. Manoa is right around the corner, very quiet, and you will NEVER get hassled here. it's only 2 miles away from the canal..

Come to the meets when you get here.. if you wanna come out and your car isn't here, give someone a call and we'll pick you up.. Where are you gonna be working BTW.. if in Waikiki then living there makes sense.... partially.

Car sounds sick BTW, mine used to be yellow!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:44 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about waiks unless your car is a cop magnet. If it is a cop magnet, then you already know what you are in for since you've been living in cali.

Have your recon and don't be a dumbass on the road (not saying colin is a dumbass, just saying to be cautious) If you have silencers, run um. I drive my stretched hayabusa through waiks all the time and if anything should be pulled over, it's that thing. No turn signals, no license plate light, loud exhaust etc... Fly low and slow and you can stay under the radar....

maybe I just have good luck, but i've never had issues in waikiki, not even with my old straight pipe rx-7.

Welcome to the island, come and check out autox when you have a chance. what will you be doing for work while you are here?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:51 AM

I got pulled over from a dead stop at a light right before ALoha Gas station, and you know how 'loud' my car is. it's stock everything with T1R duals. anyway.. moving to Hawai'i is a big step and that should be your main concern. Feel free to ask away with the questions1!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:30 AM

sweet!! welcome!

i wanna see the KW SC in action =)
Old 03-12-2009, 08:06 AM

welcome!! hit us up when you're here.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:20 AM

Welcome. Can't wait to see the car as well.

Yeah, if you are use to living in a city, then Waikiki will be right up your alley. It reminds me A LOT like any downtown area with short one way streets and tons of people.

If that isn't your thing though, and your more of a suburb cowboy, then Mililani, Kunia, and as mentioned before Manoa are pretty good. If you want the super green experience, then Kanoehe and the Windward side of the island will be your thing.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

and welcome. we have a meet every other week with cruises bi-monthly.
looks like everyone covered the bases with waiks and recon. look forwards to meeting you, your gf and your other gf
Old 03-12-2009, 10:42 AM

welcome! i think youll enjoy your S in hawaii, and lots of great people on the island and the fourms oo yeah and gotta watch your speed in the S since HPD is stepping up their game with speeding traps all over the island. just gotta drive carefully
Old 03-12-2009, 12:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=istdercollen,Mar 12 2009, 01:14 AM] you will hate living in waikiki with a modded car. welcome to Oahu.

Quick Reply: aloha