Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Alert! Beware! Warning! and all that stuff!

Old 12-30-2004, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer your questions, yes there are seasons. Rainy season, and non-rainy season. The Hi and Lo temperatures don't vary by more than 5-10 degrees, everything stays green pretty much year round (unless it gets too dry) We do autocross and S2K cruises year-round.

Yes, milk is typically $5-6/gallon.

Assuming you don't want to live in a dump, you're probably looking at $1000-1200 to rent a 1 bd. apt.

Having said all that, Hawaii is the perfect place to be if you love driving your S2K with the top down.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by hawkdog,Dec 30 2004, 02:24 PM
To answer your questions, yes there are seasons. Rainy season, and non-rainy season. The Hi and Lo temperatures don't vary by more than 5-10 degrees, everything stays green pretty much year round (unless it gets too dry) We do autocross and S2K cruises year-round.

Yes, milk is typically $5-6/gallon.

Assuming you don't want to live in a dump, you're probably looking at $1000-1200 to rent a 1 bd. apt.

Having said all that, Hawaii is the perfect place to be if you love driving your S2K with the top down.
Thanks Hawk, just what I thought about top-down driving year around. I could get used to that. 5-10 DEGREE VARIATION IN TEMPS? Awww man, I would think I'd died and gone to heaven since I was scraping ice off the windshield just a few days ago and our cars usually get put up for the winter. I could live in a tent with those temperatures. Plus I'm lactose intolerant anyway. I think I'll stay. Again, thanks for the input. Those apt. prices sound like what I'm living with here near DC, so no surprise there. I'm still chuckling behind year-round cruises though. Don't tell me no mo'. I'm on my way! Are you going to the Pro Bowl?
Old 02-12-2005, 04:03 PM

Received 486 Likes on 287 Posts

Aloha to Colin & crewe,

JUST a reminder that if you smell something burning until about Feb 22, it is just GrannyRod driving around in her rental car either smoking the tires or frying her parking brake She has been known to forget about releasing it on drives in her S.

At any rate if you see some "lunatic" waving at you with enthusiasm from a nondescript rental car because you are driving your S, she is not loosing her mind, she is just forgetting that she is not in hers. Like the saying goes, when you get to be a Granny, the mind is the first think to go.

My advice, may be to just STAY OFF THE STREETS! until she returns home.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:00 PM

Has anybody seen GrannyRod here on the island?
Old 02-16-2005, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by mice' date='Feb 15 2005, 09:00 PM
Has anybody seen GrannyRod here on the island?
Nope. Don't know what she looks like, unless she's really got a perfectly round head with a canary yellow complexion and an ear-to-ear grin.

She's probably having too much fun, as the weather has taken a turn for the better here
Old 03-17-2005, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by smccurry,Feb 16 2005, 03:01 PM
Nope. Don't know what she looks like, unless she's really got a perfectly round head with a canary yellow complexion and an ear-to-ear grin.

She's probably having too much fun, as the weather has taken a turn for the better here
Too much fun is exactly what I had, SM. I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to hook up with you guys but the time ran out way to quickly and a computer was the last thing I wanted to see after arriving in paradise. I think I walked around with my lei on for an entire week. I did manage to have the time of my life though, from the luau to the tailgate at the stadium, to Pearl Harbor (very moving) to just strolling around in short sleeves. I got so carried away, I actually went looking at houses. Ended up liking the Waimanalo area very much. Couldn't believe the prices though, and the small amount of land the houses sat on but hey, I could get used to that too.

I did see one guy in a blue S in Waikiki but wasn't close enough to jump in front of his car to stop him and ask him if he belonged to our club.

I was most impressed by the calm, laid-back attitude and the friendliness of everybody I met. I found myself so relaxed, it was very hard to get back into the groove once back on the mainland. In fact, I think I'm still in afterglow because crap that used to drive me crazy, I blow off easily now. I love that place. Said all that to say, I will be back and this time I'll get near a computer and look you guys up for a get-together of some sort. Thanks for all the info you all provided and the good-natured ribbing. Just wait 'til I get back there. And you can say goodbye to your buddy Matt right now because I'll be seeing him next month at our Spring Fling meet and he's in for it big time. Alooooooha
Old 03-17-2005, 12:03 PM

I'm glad that you had a good time. That's all that matters.

All that and you got to watch my boy Peyton pick apart the NFC defense live.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by smccurry,Mar 17 2005, 03:03 PM
I'm glad that you had a good time. That's all that matters.

All that and you got to watch my boy Peyton pick apart the NFC defense live.
What? There was a real game going on out there? Everyone was partying so hard, we thought they were just playing and I was too busy getting my bubbles ready to blow at halftime.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Mar 18 2005, 08:54 AM
What? I was too busy getting my bubbles ready to blow at halftime.
It this some kind of new euphemism I'm not aware of?
Old 03-18-2005, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Colin,Mar 18 2005, 09:50 AM
It this some kind of new euphemism I'm not aware of?
ask michael jackson about this one.

Quick Reply: Alert! Beware! Warning! and all that stuff!