Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Alert! Beware! Warning! and all that stuff!

Old 12-28-2004, 04:06 PM

Received 486 Likes on 287 Posts
Default Alert! Beware! Warning! and all that stuff!

to all the Hawaii chapter members,

I just thought that I should warn you that our beloved "Vintage" Grannyrod will be visiting Oahu in Feburary. So, be advised that if you smell something that smells like your clutch burning, not to worry. It is just Grannyrod driving around in her rental car with the parking brake on!

She is going to hate me for this!

But in all seriousous, she is a jewel and beloved by most of us Vintage and Mid-Atlantic folks. With that stated: Stay off the roads between Feb 10- 16. Unless you want to relive the old Beach Boy's tune: "The Little Old Lady from Pasadena" She claims to be from Bowie, MD but I happen to know that Bowie is not far from Pasadena, MD. Coincidence? I think not. For those of you too young to know that tune. The key is that she will give you a length and then "shut you down".

Mahalo, for any tips that you can give her about her visit as I suggested that she post here to see what you suggested. As she is only visiting Oahu. If you do not hear from me again there is a good chance that she has seen this post and had me killed (or did it herself). BTW, she had her brother killed for putting Armor All on her dash board. She is serious about her S.

Aloha.
Matt
Old 12-28-2004, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As if our roads wern't dangerous enough! Seriously, I'm sure if she needs suggestions, everyone will chime in!
Old 12-29-2004, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Colin,Dec 28 2004, 08:06 PM
As if our roads wern't dangerous enough! Seriously, I'm sure if she needs suggestions, everyone will chime in!
Awwww. Hi Colin, I was going to post over here to test the waters but my buddy Matt, who knows I'm a little shy, beat me to the punch once again. Don't believe a word he says about me. I'm really just a quiet, sweet, little old grandmotherly type having one last fling before strapping on my rocking chair.

That said, my sister-in-law is twisting my arm to come see what paradise is all about since I've never been. I visited this forum long ago and remember thinking it must be nice to have an S and paradise too. I'd love to meet some of our members while I'm there. Our native guide keeps asking me what I'd like to do/see but I have no idea where to start and I'm sure the days will pass quickly. I usually like to venture off the beaten tourist path when I travel to get a local flavor but still like to take in the main attractions. I can't wait to see the pineapple fields for some unknown reason.

Matt has given me a few pointers like not taking anything extra when I visit Pearl Harbor and where to find the best virgin Mai Tai. Our local guide is a relative but it's always nice to get different perspectives. Thanks Colin for your post. Now say goodbye to your friend Matt before I make a trip to VA to strangle him.

Anybody know any good real estate agents because if it's as nice as they're telling me, my sister-in-law may be flying home alone.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:31 AM

LOL @ g-rod. I love your avatar!
Hiking is always a good way to take in some of the natural beauty in Hawaii (not that I've ever done it though )

The NFL pro-bowl will be happening while you're here. I don't suppose that you're a football fan though I don't dare to presume either way if you drive a hot-rod
Old 12-29-2004, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by smccurry,Dec 29 2004, 01:31 PM
LOL @ g-rod. I love your avatar!
Hiking is always a good way to take in some of the natural beauty in Hawaii (not that I've ever done it though )

The NFL pro-bowl will be happening while you're here. I don't suppose that you're a football fan though I don't dare to presume either way if you drive a hot-rod
Hi SM, the main reason I'm coming is to go to the Pro Bowl even though I'm not a big football fan (Redskins kept giving me heart attacks so I had to give up the game or die mad). I just love being in the mix of whatever's going on. I''m into racing right now. Matt even had me on the track a few months back. I should have killed him then.

Don't know if I'm in good enough shape to go hiking but I may try a short one just for fun. I'm mainly interested in what traps to avoid. I also like to eat and I hear you guys have some stuff over there I've never even imagined. Will this be a good time for the botanical gardens.....sorry, I forgot where I was going, any time is a good time in paradise, right? Needless to say, I'm getting a little excited. I can't imagine living in a place like that ALL the time. Where do you guys go on vacation?
Old 12-29-2004, 11:50 AM

Received 775 Likes on 466 Posts

[QUOTE=matt_inva,Dec 28 2004, 08:06 PM] to all the Hawaii chapter members,

... she is a jewel and beloved by most of us Vintage and Mid-Atlantic folks.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:56 PM

Received 486 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Dec 29 2004, 02:27 PM
Matt has given me a few pointers like not taking anything extra when I visit Pearl Harbor and where to find the best virgin Mai Tai. Our local guide is a relative but it's always nice to get different perspectives. Thanks Colin for your post. Now say goodbye to your friend Matt before I make a trip to VA to strangle him.
I knew that I should not have posted here. Well Colin and Steve, if you never hear from me again, at least do me the favor of passing her name along as a suspect. I have the feeling that Grannyrod and Plant Pixie will be enjoying the money from my life insurance payment. Hmmm? I wonder why Plant Pixie had me increase it recently?

Grannyrod: There was nothing "virgin" about the Mai Tai's at the Royal Hawaian where they top them off with 151 Proof Rum.

To the Hawaii chapter: Take good care of our beloved Grannyrod. With suggestions or what and what not to do. She is a sweetie as long as you don't cross her. ^^ Refer to Valentine's post about her missing brother.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:55 AM

With friends like these, I think I'll stay in HI afterall. What's the average price of a 1-bedroom apt.?
Old 12-30-2004, 06:39 AM

Received 775 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Dec 30 2004, 06:55 AM
With friends like these, I think I'll stay in HI afterall. What's the average price of a 1-bedroom apt.?
Get a two-bedroom, I'll be joining you. Look out Hawaii -- the Vintagers are going to take your island(s) by a storm!!!! j/k Besides, granny -- you've signed up for Spring Fling, you have to come back.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:45 AM

[QUOTE=valentine,Dec 30 2004, 09:39 AM]

Quick Reply: Alert! Beware! Warning! and all that stuff!