Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

AEM V1 intake for sale

Old 09-03-2004, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your car is lowered, then you should not get this intake IMO. I drove in heavy rains and pooled water at stock height and had no problems whatsoever. The installation isn't that bad. Yes, you will have to cut the fender liner and a portion of the plastic that houses the grill. You don't have to be an expert to do this. Just a carpet knife and some rough guestimates on where the holes should go. The hardest hole to cut is the one where the pipe goes into the front bumper. I was off on the first try, so I had to make the cut a little bigger or oblong if you will.

Seeing how empty the engine compartment is after you install the intake (the red one makes more power ) will put a smile on your face too.

Stephen wanted to see me install it, but by the time he got to my house, I was pretty much done. Sorry Steve!

Stephen, while we're at it, will you PLEASE check your email!!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 11:47 AM

When I had my car I looked high and low for mods that would add hp instead of take away hp. After searching this website and others I found that the AEM produced the best hp gains for the money spent. Unless of course you are considering forced induction.

I had some help installing mine. Ben, who said he was making a come back, helped me install the intake in about an hour. You might want to consider clearing out your lenses since the bumber will be off.

After having the intake installed, my assometer (not to be confused with the ass-ol-meter, you know that gauge that tells you how much of an ass other drives are) told me that I was getting better performance than before. I got the feeling that I was not "bogging" as much on hot and humid days. The sound this thing makes at 3k is wonderful, at 6k.... well.. its hard to explain.

And, I do agree with Rick, red intakes, red anything for that matter make better hp. But the poslished give a better overall "bling!" I think the polished ones come with red AEM stickers, which may provide added hp as well.

As for the "hacking" away at the bumber. Not to worry since you really cannot see the hole you cut anyway. Plus, you are reducing weight to your car, and this really helps. Ask the others who have cut apart their cars for "bling."

However, there is an easier way to install this intake. Try installing it upside down. Instead of the pipe snorkelling down into the engine bay, have it come up. as for the hood. Well, you can carefully make a cut into the soft aluminum and then fabricate yourself a nice scoop. This will be most critical if you are looking for more hp because of the "RAM" effect this would have for your vehicle. This also eliminates the biggest culprit of all. Engine Seize. Alot of owners of the AEM intake complained about water getting "sucked" into the intake. Yes, a big concern especially for those who lower their cars. But now with the slight adjustment to the instalation, you wont have to worry about that anymore.

All in all a great intake especially for that price. I really dont think you can go wrong.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:49 AM

Who knows... maybe with the money stephen makes off this sale he can buy himself a "real" computer. Now, stephen, please check your email.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You mean like a Dual Processor G5 Power Mac. I just installed some Denso
IK-24's, Daren, the guy I got them from was trying to sell an AEM V1 intake for the S2k at the same price. He had it due to an error with an order, is he who your trying to sell for? Anyway, good guy and the plugs work great.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by hahnn002,Sep 3 2004, 10:33 AM
You mean like a Dual Processor G5 Power Mac. I just installed some Denso
IK-24's, Daren, the guy I got them from was trying to sell an AEM V1 intake for the S2k at the same price. He had it due to an error with an order, is he who your trying to sell for? Anyway, good guy and the plugs work great.
The DP G5 would rock!!
It could be for Daren. Cole told me his friend was trying to sell it due to a mistake on an order, but I didn't get the name. Anyway, it's brand new in the box, so if you're considering it, it's a great price.