Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

4.44 gears

Old 05-26-2003, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called Dennis to make an appointment for my wife's S10 p/u and I found out they had tried to get ahold of you. Hope things work out. Dennis is very busy, but I guess he's taking time for himself after working years, 6-7 days aweek. Now he's close Sat & Sun. He is usally booked 2 - 3 weeks in advance so keep this in mind when you want to schedule an appointment.
Mike
Old 05-26-2003, 01:20 AM

did any one recommend Evolution Autoworks? if not, you might want to try them.

call 676-8899 and ask for Mike. tell him that you were reffered by Panos (a avid racer at SCCA Solo I and II events). they are located in Waipahu and they were highly recommend by Panos when i was searching for an installer for my lsd. they deal a lot with race trannys for hondas.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:11 PM

Well of they did work on Panos' car, then they've already opened up a Miata tranny. This experiance may be helpful (depending on what they did for him)
Old 05-26-2003, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by RSX-S.COM
did any one recommend Evolution Autoworks? if not, you might want to try them.

call 676-8899 and ask for Mike. tell him that you were reffered by Panos (a avid racer at SCCA Solo I and II events). they are located in Waipahu and they were highly recommend by Panos when i was searching for an installer for my lsd. they deal a lot with race trannys for hondas.
evolutions has moved, they have joined forces with speedgear, its now speedgear motorsports/evolution autoworks.

they are located next to quick fix cycles next to hyper sports in town :-)

the shop number is 593-1303
Old 06-07-2003, 11:04 AM

So did you slap on those gears yet? I was also interested in this swap as well. Tell me how it goes or if it went well. Although I was thinking of going with the J's 4.7 hehehe

-Snuff
Old 06-07-2003, 01:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by snuffyrsx
[B]So did you slap on those gears yet?
Old 06-07-2003, 11:35 PM

oh...so are the gears sold by Ricks reputable? I figure J's has a well known name for making quality high end race stuff.....I was reading up on the Rick's gears and its made by the same folks who made the OEM gears in our car. Couldnt find much more about um, what made you choose Rick's over J's seeing that you own some crazy JDM stuff.

-Snuff

p.s. anyone in Hawaii own those Amuse dual Ti exhaust? it looks pretty damn cool.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by snuffyrsx
[B]oh...so are the gears sold by Ricks reputable?
Old 06-08-2003, 04:50 AM

Cool, I was looking more into those FD of 4.4 think its probably a better idea then 4.7 hehehe. Doesnt seem like a lot of folks did the FD upgrade...but those who did wrote up some good reviews. Any idea how loud the Amuse exhaust is? I had a BC spec III on my RSX and that fugger was one of the loudest exhausts ive heard on an import. If the Amuse is as loud as that...i dont think ill get it. but if its a bit on the tamer side...that exhaust is 1# on my list.

-Snuff
Old 06-16-2003, 01:47 PM

Oh well... I didn't do a good job of hiding the parts (wish I had a garage). She found them. Here's the conversation:
wife: What's this?

me: oh nothing, just something I bought a long time ago and haven't gotten around to installing...

wife: hmmmm, that's funny, the shipping label here says it was sent 3 weeks ago...

me: oh, was it THAT recent?

wife: don't lie. Stop buying parts for your car!

me: I'm not really lying, 3 weeks is kind of a long time in car years.

wife: what?!

me: oh, forget about it already. It's just something to correct my speedometer because it will become inaccurate and I want it calibrated. No big deal really... (this was a confusion tactic)

Anyway.... it's in the shop today and I will pick it up in a couple of hours. I'll let you guys know how it goes in a new thread.

Quick Reply: 4.44 gears