Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

2001 Prelude SH **SOLD** :(

Old 06-01-2008, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Prelude SH **SOLD** :(

I am selling my prelude and thought I would post it up here, if anyone is interested or knows someone that might be, here is the info. I had it on ForumsHawaii, but took it down, I am not a fan of that site

***NO TRADES AND NO PARTING OUT***
2001 Honda Prelude SH, original owners. 11,750 obo
Electron Blue w/dark grey cloth interior. 5-speed, 83,250 miles.
Recent oil change, tires have low miles on them.
Car has been driven less than 10,000mi over the last 3 years.
Has OEM lip kit, rear trunk spoiler, and a color matched Wings West hood bonnet.
Car is lowered on Sprint Springs has upgraded sway bars, short shifter, and pulleys.
Has current safety and RECON w/papers.
Handles good runs smooth. Shows road wear, has chips on hood and front bumper a few door dings, wheels are a little aged.
Interior is in excellent condition, floor mats are to only thing that shows wear.
Was involved in 1 accident. The accident happened while car was parked damage was to the passenger rear bumper and quarter panel, no frame or suspension damage. Damage was repaired by a vary trusted body shop.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:15 PM

how about $2500 cash + 91 Civic + MacBook + 80g Ipod + 32in TV + Wii + my pet hamster ?

lol people on FH will want to trade you anything -_-'

thats a beautiful Prelude, love the hood bonnet...good luck on the sale.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:12 PM

How many owners? TB done? You have all maintenance records on the car? Where did all the mileage come from?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cthemall123,Jun 1 2008, 06:15 PM
how about $2500 cash + 91 Civic + MacBook + 80g Ipod + 32in TV + Wii + my pet hamster ?

I had posted it on FH and deleted it five minutes later. Hard to part with it but it is for a good cause, thanks for the comps.

Originally Posted by 1001K,Jun 1 2008, 08:12 PM
How many owners? TB done? You have all maintenance records on the car? Where did all the mileage come from?
My wife and I are the orig owners, I have some service records, most are from the warranty, I did the oil changes and everthing else was done at King Honda in Kauai. As far as the timing belt, I am not sure if it was done, I know it is to be done at 60k, I will have to look through the few service records I have. The miles on the car are mixed, I would say the last 10k were 75%city and 25% hwy. Before that, 90% hwy. The car was purchased new in Denver, we left Denver in 03 and moved to Santa Barbara, after that we moved to Kauai in 05. After Kauai we movet to Oahu and have been here for the last year.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Cthemall123,Jun 1 2008, 06:15 PM

LOL! thats fh for you. good luck frofro.
maybe i can talk the wife into this although ive been pushing for a legacy gt sedan.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:08 PM

Shit, so I can't find a service record for a t-belt, I think I need to have it changed this week. Anyone know where I can get it done at a good price. I bet Honda is a rip as always.

[QUOTE=bouford,Jun 1 2008, 09:59 PM] LOL!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:00 PM

I think the T-Belt is at 90K or 5 yrs whatever comes first. Stewart's Auto Service, 596-8139. It's gonna be about $800. Get a quote from a dealer, I'm pretty sure it's going to over a grand. Anyone cheaper?

I just sold my Prelude base, but always wanted a 5th Gen SH. I was hoping for something older and cheaper, but these are getting harder to come by and that color is gorgeous. I don't know. I was looking at MINI's because they're good on gas....but you're car is very tempting.

I'm not sure what the market on the 5th Gen Prelude is right now. Most of the good samples now are auto's and the manuals have been riced out. Mine's took 6 months to sell, but it's an auto -- not sure if this is good or bad. I didn't get anyone really interested until it was listed $1500 below KBB. And mine's in top mechanic shape. All maintenance major/minor was performed.

I'm hoping an enthusiast gets your car. I definitely want it. But I don't usually "plan" on getting a car. I just do it...and like I said, I'm tempted.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:28 PM

I will put stewarts down on the list to call, I can't remember if it was done, I am not going to risk it for a new owner. I wish I would have thought about this a week ago before I listed the car, but thanks to you, you might be saving a future owner from a nightmare... Thanks for the number.

I really like the prelude and will miss it. I has been a great car, a lot of old folks like it for some reason. It is going to be a classic among the Hondas in the future. I would keep it but it just is not practical for our needs.

The new Minis' are pretty sweet, I would sport one, I saw a classic mini for sale the other day, I sure would like to own one of those some day.

I hate selling and buying cars, never fun, I hope it sells quick because I just bought a truck and I don't want my drive way looking like a parking lot.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:14 AM

That's cool. I definitely didn't want the new owner to have a bad ownership experience and I actually lost a sell earlier because I noticed an oil leak. I fixed it and put it back on Craigslist for another 3 months. Sold it to an older guy, but I think he's teenage kids are gonna drive it, too.

I had another older guy in Mililani look at my car, but I think he wanted a manual. I'll email him and tell him about your car. I think he collects cars and wants fairly pristine 5th gen in his driveway.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:24 AM

^^ That would be sweet, thanks..

Quick Reply: 2001 Prelude SH **SOLD** :(