Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.

Prop 8?

Old 11-06-2008, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop 8?

Who knows what Prop 8 is? Care to share your opinions?
Old 11-06-2008, 11:11 AM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

same sex marriages? i wouldn't vote for it, but it doesn't affect me really if it were to pass.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

of course that isn't in Tennessee I honestly believe that you can't "condemn" someone for loving another person. Just can't do it. I, however, am not bound by any religious beliefs. As far as the sanctity of marriage - heterosexual couples do quite a bit of shitting on it themselves treating it like a bad date...
Old 11-06-2008, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Vadster,Nov 6 2008, 03:11 PM
of course that isn't in Tennessee I honestly believe that you can't "condemn" someone for loving another person. Just can't do it. I, however, am not bound by any religious beliefs. As far as the sanctity of marriage - heterosexual couples do quite a bit of shitting on it themselves treating it like a bad date...
Nice... I feel the same way. It's kinda like with the elections alot of people didn't vote for Obama because he was black those are more or less the same people IMO that vote for this. Makes me wonder what the hell some of these people are thinking or even if they are thinking. It's really quite sad.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:21 AM

The California Gay marriage ban? I woulda voted against it's passage, but either way it would have not changed my life one bit. I didn't even know any gay people when i lived in CA.

Personally i feel if someone wants to get married and make that commitment they should be perfectly entitled to. It's not like straight couples have done a stand up job of protecting the "sanctity of marriage" afterall. Isn't the divorce rate still hanging around 50%?
Old 11-06-2008, 11:35 AM

True...I just wonder why so many people are against it? If you are already married, faithful, and happy in your relationship what in the world could a gay MARRIED couple ever do to harm you or your family? It makes no sense to me what so ever. I wish someone could explain this to me and make valid points so that I may understand why people think the way they do about this.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:45 AM

Honestly there isn't a valid arguement for the animosity displayed against gay couples. This isn't like homes values, where one person screwing up their house can affect the entire community's values.

Most of the animosity results from simple ignorance. People interpret the bible to say things that suit their own prejudices and run with it.

It really boils down to the same general principles:

Human Prejudice
Human Greed
Human Weakness

It's there same reason there are huge sections of scriptures missing from the bible, the same reason people like Bin Laden can convince people that killing themselves along with a bus full of children is "God's work", and the same reason why we turned a blind eye to genocide in Rwanda but tripped over ourselves to offer aid to Russia when the USSR collapsed.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

I got "married" because that is what you do down here - our parents would have lost their minds otherwise. Saying F.U. I hate you all & never want to have anything to do with you was not an option since we live in the same city. Having said that, I don't know squat about the possible legal rights, privileges, blah blah blah that may be tied into being "married" and having a certificate issued by the state, etc. vs. just sayin' f-it let's tie the knot - that is what that proposition is about, right? To be recognized by the state.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:48 AM

Received 416 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by BearNVa,Nov 6 2008, 04:35 PM
True...I just wonder why so many people are against it? If you are already married, faithful, and happy in your relationship what in the world could a gay MARRIED couple ever do to harm you or your family? It makes no sense to me what so ever. I wish someone could explain this to me and make valid points so that I may understand why people think the way they do about this.
what does it matter what color a persons skin is? Of course with gay marriage the most popular religion in the world teaches that it is a sin and the work of the devil.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Gigdy,Nov 6 2008, 03:48 PM
what does it matter what color a persons skin is? Of course with gay marriage the most popular religion in the world teaches that it is a sin and the work of the devil.
from what I gather the bible says (I've never read it, kind of boring to me) that so is adultry but people do it on the daily.

Quick Reply: Prop 8?