Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.
View Poll Results: Bike Cops in Downtown Norfolk Should
Stop Drug Dealers
50.00%
Stop Homeless People From Begging For Money From Everyone
25.00%
Keep the Peace
0%
Stand in the Middle of The Road and Run Radar on People
25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Bike Cops in Downtown Norfolk Should

Old 01-21-2006, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike Cops in Downtown Norfolk Should

Im so tired of Norfolk Police. Today I get pulled over after turning on the Boush St (leads to Waterside Dr) I turn on to the road and see a guy standing in the middle of the road. As i Get closer he isnt moving and he waves me to the side of the road. Everyone goes down this road at 35-40 and i was going 37. The speed limit was 25 and the cop said i was going 42. Needless to say, despite my guilt of speeding, I am tired of Norfolk Police. Since when does a Bike Cop stand in the middle of the road with a radar gun. To make it worse the cop was a jerk. I can't wait until im out of Norfolk.

Okay.. Im done. Thanks.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:53 AM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

that's a dumb way for a bike cop to give a citation. he should be stopping homeless people, and getting crackheads and such with his time.

sorry for your luck
Old 01-23-2006, 05:16 AM

good thing you guys don't live in noVA..... it happens here all the freeking time....they'll stand out in the middle of the road and flag you... (i think it's actually really stupid) one of these days they are gonna get hit by a car... and then all hell will break lose....
Old 01-23-2006, 07:06 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Local Police are true law enforcement in my opinion. If they have too many officers employeed to keep violent crime down, and have to put a few on the streets for traffic violations, I can't really complain. Especially in Norfolk - it used to have the second highest murder rate in the nation, and there was something on the news every day. Today you barely hear a thing

The law enforcement that I can't stand are State Troopers - I call them Highway Nazis. It is arguable whether they cause more harm than good - slowing traffic and causing folks to lose control upon seeing them (major accidents).

Almost everywhere I've ever driven the flow of traffic moves best at what they enforce as reckless driving speeds (I know this out of their control, but they don't have to enforce it), while it is typically slower drivers that cause the most accidents around here - these are the people who should be ticketed. However, I can appreciate a Highway Nazi's presence on a wet day.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:56 AM

I agree that the image of Norfolk has gotten better, but Im not so sure that is due to the strong police force. I think that the violence seems to be going down due to the PR people for the city. I know a lot of stuff goes on around ODU that never makes the news. For example, Constant hall has bullet holes through windows right now and last semester a guy was found dead in the same building. A lot of stuff happens and either the police do nothing at all or the PR people are really good at keeping it out of the news. I know a year or so ago, A guy got shot at a party on 47th st and the police didnt show up for about 30 minutes. When they got there, they said there was nothing they could really do about a driveby. From my expeirence around ODU, i have little respect or confidence in the norfolk police.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:21 PM

A new example.... Brandon Johnson #4 for ODU Mens basketball was shot tonight in University VIllage on campus

Lets see if that makes the news.

Old 01-26-2006, 04:39 AM

When doing a photoshoot in front of chrysler hall, a cop on a segway told us to move off of the main road. This was at 2am in the morning BTW.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:36 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by s2k_PikeStyle,Jan 26 2006, 01:21 AM
A new example.... Brandon Johnson #4 for ODU Mens basketball was shot tonight in University VIllage on campus

Lets see if that makes the news.
http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story...8621&ran=229103

It was also on Wavy, Channel 13, and in the paper this morning.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Jan 26 2006, 10:36 AM
http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story...8621&ran=229103

It was also on Wavy, Channel 13, and in the paper this morning.
Guess this one was too big to stay out of the news, unlike the 3 girls taken and raped last semester in broad day light on 49th st and all the other shootings.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:56 AM
Former Moderator

You have to actually read the news to know whether a story was in it or not.

Quick Reply: Bike Cops in Downtown Norfolk Should