Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.

%!&#*379st Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%

Old 10-17-2016, 06:44 AM

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by WhrDLMI
I cannot blame you. I was utterly exhausted when I went to bed last night. I don't think I even so much as rolled over all night. Best night sleep I have gotten in a long time. Bobbie and I spent like all day working on the bathroom renovation. Got TONS done but it about killed me.

Just an FYI... Scraping off Popcorn Ceiling is NOT a fun job.
Hate that stuff.
The following users liked this post:
WhrDLMI (11-07-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 06:45 AM

Received 705 Likes on 411 Posts

Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a peanut butter cup or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast and the taste is... fleeting. So, you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you got left is an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappers.

:sigh:
The following 2 users liked this post by Gilly_S2KFreak:
tacocat (11-07-2016), WhrDLMI (11-07-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 06:45 AM

I should have added that this isn't my photo. [EDIT: Went ahead and did!] I got a very similar effect, though. You spray warm water on the ceiling, wait like five minutes and scrape it off. Makes the stuff sort of gooey. It is a fockin mess, dude.
I just replaced the whole ceiling instead of messing with that stuff. Mine was put on by the previous homeowner, and they put it on THICK.
WhrDLMI (11-07-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak
Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a peanut butter cup or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast and the taste is... fleeting. So, you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you got left is an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappers.

But it is still chocolate!
WhrDLMI (11-07-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 06:52 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 4,735 Likes on 3,404 Posts

Originally Posted by tacocat
Originally Posted by WhrDLMI' timestamp='1476712918' post='24085767
I should have added that this isn't my photo. [EDIT: Went ahead and did!] I got a very similar effect, though. You spray warm water on the ceiling, wait like five minutes and scrape it off. Makes the stuff sort of gooey. It is a fockin mess, dude.
I just replaced the whole ceiling instead of messing with that stuff. Mine was put on by the previous homeowner, and they put it on THICK.
I have to say that it was actually easy to get off. Spray on hot water, wait like five minutes and scrape off. It is the cleanup that is the nightmare. That took five times longer than the work did! I even put plastic on the walls. Lesson learned, though... I will use like 3 times more and secure it way better next time. SO MESSY!
tacocat (11-07-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 06:53 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak

Somebody has been watching X-Files.
tacocat (11-07-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1476715500' post='24085819

with no lights on?
WhrDLMI (11-07-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by WhrDLMI' timestamp='1476716030' post='24085831
[quote name='Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1476715500' post='24085819']

with no lights on?
[/quote]
we're dans la maison
I hope the Smoking Man's in this one
WhrDLMI (11-07-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 07:32 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

tacocat (11-07-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by tacocat' timestamp='1476717447' post='24085857
[quote name='WhrDLMI' timestamp='1476716030' post='24085831']
[quote name='Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1476715500' post='24085819']

with no lights on?
[/quote]
we're dans la maison
I hope the Smoking Man's in this one
[/quote]
like Harrison Ford I'm getting frantic
like Sting I'm tantric
like Snickers, guaranteed to satisfy
WhrDLMI (11-07-2016)