Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.

%!&#*378rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%

Old 07-06-2016, 12:16 PM
Community Organizer

Received 690 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by tacocat
Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1467834703' post='24010442
[quote name='SlowTeg' timestamp='1467834540' post='24010439']
[quote name='goldenfri' timestamp='1467834092' post='24010428']
Yea I used to have my neighbor's driveway to store a car as well, but they finally got a renter last week Might try and leave one at work and see how long before someone hassles me about it.
Haha.. ya if your work has a garage odds are it should be fine. Honest question, with all those cars, do you get to drive them much? You definitely have a very task oriented selection of cars. Daily driving the S sucks at times. Many days lately I prefer taking the minivan to work. It's roomy, quiet, soft, comfortable, nice v6.. Sometimes I wish I actually lived farther from work so I could drive a little more, but then I remember that around here it's all just sitting in traffic..
I drive everything regularly but the CR, which is why I need to get rid of it.

civic - dd
mini - wife's dd
Subaru - rallycross and snow
S2000 - fun and track days
S2000 CR - Zeke

[/quote]
FTFY

I thought we had this established a few posts ago.
[/quote]
Still waiting for that check.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:20 PM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by goldenfri
I don't usually sit in much traffic, so I really want to replace my civic with a BRZ once my daughter is in kindergarden. I have a high tolerance for uncomfortable cars and I really want RWD. I would totally daily an S2000, but I do need a rear seat to pick up my daughter sometimes. When she is in kindergarten, she will take the bus in the morning and I won't have to pick her up everyday, can split with the wife.
Really, interesting, you want a BRZ? Any reason in particular, the backseat? I remember reading about the engines popping on track. Picking up the kids is definitely a problem I'll have to deal with as well, but hopefully I can split it with the wife as well. Sometimes I think about a fancy sos turbo kit for the S, but I don't think dropping ~8k will give me as much pleasure as say a whole nother car. For $8k that buys a nice used miata, which would be fun to drive in the winter and play around drifting in the snow. Also I would love to try rallycross as well one of these years..
Old 07-06-2016, 12:34 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1467834981' post='24010452
I don't usually sit in much traffic, so I really want to replace my civic with a BRZ once my daughter is in kindergarden. I have a high tolerance for uncomfortable cars and I really want RWD. I would totally daily an S2000, but I do need a rear seat to pick up my daughter sometimes. When she is in kindergarten, she will take the bus in the morning and I won't have to pick her up everyday, can split with the wife.
Really, interesting, you want a BRZ? Any reason in particular, the backseat? I remember reading about the engines popping on track. Picking up the kids is definitely a problem I'll have to deal with as well, but hopefully I can split it with the wife as well. Sometimes I think about a fancy sos turbo kit for the S, but I don't think dropping ~8k will give me as much pleasure as say a whole nother car. For $8k that buys a nice used miata, which would be fun to drive in the winter and play around drifting in the snow. Also I would love to try rallycross as well one of these years..
Yea basically it's as close as I can get to an S2000 with rear seats. The 2017s have a ton of small engine changes that should improve reliability (and a whole 5 more hp lol). They also have an optional track pack that includes brembos etc, (depends how much it costs). It's a bit slower than an S2000 but I'm ok with that for a DD, plus I can always add FI in a few years or trade up if they finally come out with an STI version. My plan is to get rid of the CR and civic and buy something nice that I actually drive everyday. It sucks having a really nice car in your garage that you aren't driving and driving a huge POS with no AC everyday.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:41 PM

My plan is to get rid of the CR and civic and buy something nice that I actually drive everyday. It sucks having a really nice car in your garage that you aren't driving and driving a huge POS with no AC everyday.
Haha.. I dono, as I get older I care less and less what I drive everyday, but maybe that's just me. I remember years ago I stopped by Mr. Brauning's house (Mark Brauning's dad who used to do a lot of drag racing) who was clearly a car guy, and I was surprised to see his daily was an old 4th gen civic HB. He toted engines around and all sorts of crap. His weekend car was an slk amg. He said he just loved the practicality of it. Maybe you just need to fix your AC.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1467837272' post='24010497
My plan is to get rid of the CR and civic and buy something nice that I actually drive everyday. It sucks having a really nice car in your garage that you aren't driving and driving a huge POS with no AC everyday.
Haha.. I dono, as I get older I care less and less what I drive everyday, but maybe that's just me. I remember years ago I stopped by Mr. Brauning's house (Mark Brauning's dad who used to do a lot of drag racing) who was clearly a car guy, and I was surprised to see his daily was an old 4th gen civic HB. He toted engines around and all sorts of crap. His weekend car was an slk amg. He said he just loved the practicality of it. Maybe you just need to fix your AC.
meh, I've been driving a beater long enough, plus my wife just got a new car, so now I want one.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:53 PM

meh, I've been driving a beater long enough, plus my wife just got a new car, so now I want one.
Haha I hear you. I had a "beater" '92 prelude for a while before I bought my S, so I guess I can't talk. The a/c stopped working for a year or two before I decided it needed to go as well. I guess that's the last straw for most beaters.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1467838152' post='24010513
Haha I hear you. I had a "beater" '92 prelude for a while before I bought my S, so I guess I can't talk. The a/c stopped working for a year or two before I decided it needed to go as well. I guess that's the last straw for most beaters.
haha yea, I had a 93 VTEC... still miss that car
Old 07-06-2016, 01:02 PM

Man, back in the 90's and early 00's that was the car to have. I just had a lowly high mileage Si (needed a cheap beater), but the torque from the 2.3 made for a nice daily driver.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:03 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1467838717' post='24010518
Man, back in the 90's and early 00's that was the car to have. I just had a lowly high mileage Si (needed a cheap beater), but the torque from the 2.3 made for a nice daily driver.
Yea, it was a sweet car. Sold it to my brother's girlfriend at the time and it was stolen and stripped in Columbia MD not too long after. They mostly wanted the engine I'm sure.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:07 PM

Yea, it was a sweet car. Sold it to my brother's girlfriend at the time and it got stolen in columbia and stripped not too long after. They mostly wanted the engine I'm sure.
Ouch that sucks.. So many hondas in the early 00's got stolen because people were doing engine swaps. I dono if a non-stolen stock 99/00 civic Si still exists or the integra type-r's..

Quick Reply: %!&#*378rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%