Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.

%!&#*378rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%

Old 07-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 711 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1467828074' post='24010336
So my storage unit just raised the price on me again and I've decided it way too expensive and it's time to downsize or get rid of it.

Does anyone want any parts? Front and rear subframe from 01 s2k, two black doors, and lots of random interior parts etc? name your price and/or free for HAW.
I remember looking up the price of storage units a little bit ago and thinking I'd be better off selling and rebuying something when I needed it if it wasn't anything special to me. Those places must make good money based on how much they charge for storage space. How much they charging, I can stick another shed in the backyard and cut you a deal..
Yea mine is climate controlled for all the tires... that I don't use, but yea I really just need to clean house.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:41 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1467833347' post='24010412
Yea there was a noise and a bunch of white smoke came out, compressor just blew I think, it did have 260k+ miles on it, so expected I guess.

I park one in my garage, one in the driveway and 3 in front of the house in the visitor parking... I'm sure my neighbors don't love me.
Gotcha, ya sounds like a compressor. Id just throw on a compressor and bring it to dave to fill that puppy back up. I remember when I ripped the AC out of my civic a long time ago to "save weight." Boy was I dumb. You also come to learn AC is pretty damn helpful for defogging in summer rainstorms. Nothing like blasting the heat when it's 90 degrees out and raining to defog your windshield!

Haha, ya I bet your neighbors aren't thrilled.
Yea I used to have my neighbor's driveway to store a car as well, but they finally got a renter last week Might try and leave one at work and see how long before someone hassles me about it.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by goldenfri
Originally Posted by SlowTeg' timestamp='1467833799' post='24010417
[quote name='goldenfri' timestamp='1467828074' post='24010336']
So my storage unit just raised the price on me again and I've decided it way too expensive and it's time to downsize or get rid of it.

Does anyone want any parts? Front and rear subframe from 01 s2k, two black doors, and lots of random interior parts etc? name your price and/or free for HAW.
I remember looking up the price of storage units a little bit ago and thinking I'd be better off selling and rebuying something when I needed it if it wasn't anything special to me. Those places must make good money based on how much they charge for storage space. How much they charging, I can stick another shed in the backyard and cut you a deal..
Yea mine is climate controlled for all the tires... that I don't use, but yea I really just need to clean house.
[/quote]
Speaking of which, I have older Hoosier A6s and almost new NT01s in there for sale. Bagged and everything.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:49 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Yea I used to have my neighbor's driveway to store a car as well, but they finally got a renter last week Might try and leave one at work and see how long before someone hassles me about it.
Haha.. ya if your work has a garage odds are it should be fine. Honest question, with all those cars, do you get to drive them much? You definitely have a very task oriented selection of cars. Daily driving the S sucks at times. Many days lately I prefer taking the minivan to work. It's roomy, quiet, soft, comfortable, nice v6.. Sometimes I wish I actually lived farther from work so I could drive a little more, but then I remember that around here it's all just sitting in traffic..
Old 07-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1467834092' post='24010428
Haha.. ya if your work has a garage odds are it should be fine. Honest question, with all those cars, do you get to drive them much? You definitely have a very task oriented selection of cars. Daily driving the S sucks at times. Many days lately I prefer taking the minivan to work. It's roomy, quiet, soft, comfortable, nice v6.. Sometimes I wish I actually lived farther from work so I could drive a little more, but then I remember that around here it's all just sitting in traffic..
I drive everything regularly but the CR, which is why I need to get rid of it.

civic - dd
mini - wife's dd
Subaru - rallycross and snow
S2000 - fun and track days
S2000 CR - ?

Old 07-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

I don't usually sit in much traffic, so I really want to replace my civic with a BRZ once my daughter is in kindergarden. I have a high tolerance for uncomfortable cars and I really want RWD. I would totally daily an S2000, but I do need a rear seat to pick up my daughter sometimes. When she is in kindergarten, she will take the bus in the morning and I won't have to pick her up everyday, can split with the wife.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

yup and now all by myself in here.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:03 PM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

It's days like today that I seriously consider fixing the AC in my civic...
Old 07-06-2016, 12:05 PM

Received 2,130 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg' timestamp='1467834540' post='24010439
[quote name='goldenfri' timestamp='1467834092' post='24010428']
I drive everything regularly but the CR, which is why I need to get rid of it.

civic - dd
mini - wife's dd
Subaru - rallycross and snow
S2000 - fun and track days
S2000 CR - Zeke

[/quote]
FTFY

I thought we had this established a few posts ago.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have AC but I hardly ever use it. I just roll the windows down.

Quick Reply: %!&#*378rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%