Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.

%!&#*378rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%

Old 08-11-2016, 07:35 AM

Received 2,133 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Originally Posted by WhrDLMI
Originally Posted by tacocat' timestamp='1470919548' post='24036958
[quote name='WhrDLMI' timestamp='1470919473' post='24036954']
My home HVAC sent me an e-mail telling me I need to replace it's filter. I that thing...
Bobbie sends you all sorts of reminders. You love that thing (person). I am seeing a pattern here.

Jeff's love=reminders.
Bobbie sends me reminders? x eleventy billion

Hell is more likely to freeze over first.
[/quote]
Examples of reminders:
Jeff, you forgot to take out the trash?
Jeff, when are you going to mow the lawn?
Jeff, can you help with the laundry?
Old 08-11-2016, 07:36 AM

It has been a long time since I have posted any watch p0rn so...

The rotor on that watch (the bit that isn't super shiny) is made from the pistons of Jaguar D-Type cars that won the Le Mans race in 1955, 1956, and 1957.

You would think it would be st00pid expensive but it isn't. It is limited edition so they won't be available for retail for long but it is selling for about three thousand British Pounds (about $3,900.00 USD).
Ummm, that is st00pid expensive. My phone tells me that for much less.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:37 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 4,742 Likes on 3,409 Posts

The dial is kinda neat too.

The power reserve indicator is designed to look like a fuel gauge. One would not normally expect to find this complication on an automatic watch (one that is wound by the rotor while you move around). Usually just on a manual watch that you need to wind up before you wear it - like the old pocket watches. So that, in and of itself, makes this particular watch pretty unique.

The neat thing to me is that it isn't made of any exotic unobtanium materials and uses an off the shelf movement so it isn't so fancy-fancy. Other than the fact that it is limited edition, it would be pretty easy to get your hands on it.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:41 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by tacocat
Ummm, that is st00pid expensive. My phone tells me that for much less.
We just have to agree to disagree, Zeke.

What I mean by st00pid expensive are the watches with chimes in them that are made out of platinum or retail for tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of dollars because of who made them.

Anything less then 10k, while expensive, is not absurd, IMHO, for something with this level of craftsmanship. Just because it does something functional doesn't mean that it can't be art.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:44 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by WhrDLMI' timestamp='1470920516' post='24036969
[quote name='tacocat' timestamp='1470919548' post='24036958']
[quote name='WhrDLMI' timestamp='1470919473' post='24036954']
My home HVAC sent me an e-mail telling me I need to replace it's filter. I that thing...
Bobbie sends you all sorts of reminders. You love that thing (person). I am seeing a pattern here.

Jeff's love=reminders.
Bobbie sends me reminders? x eleventy billion

Hell is more likely to freeze over first.
[/quote]
Examples of reminders:
Jeff, you forgot to take out the trash?
Jeff, when are you going to mow the lawn?
Jeff, can you help with the laundry?
[/quote]
Actually, she doesn't say any of those things. If she sees that they aren't done and they need to be, she just does it.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:14 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

With all fairness, she may nag me a little bit about the lawn on occasion but I am not joking about the other stuff - she just does it. She will literally shove me out of the way and just get to it. So much so that it makes me feel seriously guilty all the time. I can't keep up with her so I am generally working over time just to stay out of the way. It is usually what I end up doing from the time I get home until she gets home. I really wouldn't mind if she would just say that she wants it done and let me do it - but she won't.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:37 AM

With all fairness, she may nag me a little bit about the lawn on occasion but I am not joking about the other stuff - she just does it. She will literally shove me out of the way and just get to it. So much so that it makes me feel seriously guilty all the time. I can't keep up with her so I am generally working over time just to stay out of the way. It is usually what I end up doing from the time I get home until she gets home. I really wouldn't mind if she would just say that she wants it done and let me do it - but she won't.
With Liz, I found is something isn't done in her presence, the amount of credit given for the something done decreases. For example--I used to mow the lawn before she got home. Then she would start straightening up, and ask me if I would help. Sometime I would, sometimes I was like--I just mowed for 90 minutes, all by myself. Now I mow when she straightens. And we are happy. 11 years of marriage will do that to you.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:49 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

I am actually not allowed to be there when she cleans. I am either out right told to leave or she waits for me to go mow or whatever... I have taken to spending quite a bit of time sitting on the deck in the evenings when it is a little cooler. She usually starts cleaning while I am out there but she will stop the very second I walk in. If I try to help her I am just told to leave.

This is what makes me feel guilty. I actually want to help... That is why I try to do some of it - clean the kitchen or sweep up the cat litter - before she comes home. She knows I do it and it is less that she has to do .

That is what five years of marriage (and over 10 years of living together) have done to us.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:00 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

I found is something isn't done in her presence, the amount of credit given for the something done decreases.
Truth. I think this is "normal" to a degree and human nature. I guess it has to do with the fact that you don't see how much work something is or what happened unless you were there. Most women are also naturally just more difficult than men (or so I think). My wife bitches about everything I don't do, but the stuff I do do to her is the functional equivalent of taking a dump every day.

You can't win.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:01 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

I am actually not allowed to be there when she cleans. I am either out right told to leave or she waits for me to go mow or whatever...
I think I married the wrong girl.

Quick Reply: %!&#*378rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%