Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.

%!&#*367rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%

Old 11-20-2014, 05:53 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by gfacter
Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1416490797' post='23411994
really trying to figure out if i should get snowtires/rims for the STi this year. i just don't know how bad winter will be in the baltimore area. its a lot of money if they aren't needed.

also... i got my loan approved for the engagement ring
Are there any major hills you need to negotiate in your daily travels? Do you have to be at work no matter what?

Anything deeper than a foot and the STI is probably not going anyway snow tires or not IM). If we get a freak storm (like in 2009/10) wait till the roads are clear.

that's what i was thinking. i've gone through a snow drift of about 2 feet before (coming home from buffalo two years ago) but i wouldn't do it again if i didn't have to.

if we get a freak storm, my work will be closed. i just know that baltimore streets don't ever get plowed well and people are ridiculously stupid, so any bit a stopping power will help, and i know the blizzak ws series are awesome in helping to stop.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:53 AM

snow :blower: i mean snow
Old 11-20-2014, 06:24 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak
Originally Posted by gfacter' timestamp='1416494772' post='23412034
[quote name='Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1416490797' post='23411994']
really trying to figure out if i should get snowtires/rims for the STi this year. i just don't know how bad winter will be in the baltimore area. its a lot of money if they aren't needed.

Are there any major hills you need to negotiate in your daily travels? Do you have to be at work no matter what?

Anything deeper than a foot and the STI is probably not going anyway snow tires or not IM). If we get a freak storm (like in 2009/10) wait till the roads are clear.

that's what i was thinking. i've gone through a snow drift of about 2 feet before (coming home from buffalo two years ago) but i wouldn't do it again if i didn't have to.

if we get a freak storm, my work will be closed. i just know that baltimore streets don't ever get plowed well and people are ridiculously stupid, so any bit a stopping power will help, and i know the blizzak ws series are awesome in helping to stop.
[/quote]

I think you are fine with all seasons and AWD, just drive slow and smart. Now I do have snow tires where I live. I think I could get buy for the most part w/o them,. I am not venturing out in a blizzard and if I need to I have a set of chains that will really provide traction just in case its a dire emergency.

There is only one road in and it very steep in places and its 3.5 miles to my house, mostly uphill

Here is one section that had caught 2 vehicles last Dec in a small storm

Old 11-20-2014, 06:26 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 4,742 Likes on 3,409 Posts

That reminds me...

I swore last year that I was never shoveling my driveway again. About time to find me a snow blower!

Of course I am going to pay top dollar for it now.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:32 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 711 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by TopGear
Dog update: Negative for heartworm
Old 11-20-2014, 06:34 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by WhrDLMI
That reminds me...

I swore last year that I was never shoveling my driveway again. About time to find me a snow blower!

Better get one before the snow starts flying, maybe a Black Friday deal?
Old 11-20-2014, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1416495210' post='23412040
[quote name='gfacter' timestamp='1416494772' post='23412034']
[quote name='Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1416490797' post='23411994']

[/quote]

I think you are fine with all seasons and AWD, just drive slow and smart. Now I do have snow tires where I live. I think I could get buy for the most part w/o them,. I am not venturing out in a blizzard and if I need to I have a set of chains that will really provide traction just in case its a dire emergency.

There is only one road in and it very steep in places and its 3.5 miles to my house, mostly uphill

Here is one section that had caught 2 vehicles last Dec in a small storm

[/quote]

i remember you posting that before...

with how little it looks like they plow that, i would actually run chains on that road.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:47 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by WhrDLMI' timestamp='1416497194' post='23412075
That reminds me...

Better get one before the snow starts flying, maybe a Black Friday deal?
Had not thought of that. A possibility, I guess. TO THE AMAZON! :fly:
Old 11-20-2014, 06:59 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

I remembered the one that I picked out last year... Ariens 920021.

As I understand it, I pretty much have to go with a 2-stage blower because of the gravel driveway. I can't remember exactly why but a single stage can't cope with that. Ariens blowers are re-branded Husqvarna units and are generally considered to be great for Harry Homeowner types such as myself.

This is the one that I want. Just need to find it somewhere...
Old 11-20-2014, 07:19 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Looks like Home Depot has the best price going currently.

Quick Reply: %!&#*367rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%