Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.

%!&#*367rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%

Old 11-04-2014, 06:26 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 4,735 Likes on 3,404 Posts

Originally Posted by e3opian
Originally Posted by WhrDLMI' timestamp='1415111362' post='23393150
Sorry, buddy. If the engine goes, it will get fixed.

The only way any parts will hit the market will be if I wrap it around something and the S I find to replace it already has the same parts. Assuming they didn't get boogered up, that is.
I'm in for engine swap party. Fairly confident I learned most of the potential problems. The two washers on the fuel rail banjo bolt? They are crush washers meant to be replaced. The o-rings on the injectors should be replaced. Grease them a little so they don't get boogered up when you bolt down the fuel rail. This should keep you from burning the car to the ground.
Duly noted.

I'm glad you are willing to help... Going to need your engine hoist.

The real question is where the hell do I get a new engine?
Old 11-04-2014, 06:30 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 704 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by WhrDLMI' timestamp='1415111362' post='23393150
Sorry, buddy. If the engine goes, it will get fixed.

The only way any parts will hit the market will be if I wrap it around something and the S I find to replace it already has the same parts. Assuming they didn't get boogered up, that is.
I'm in for engine swap party. Fairly confident I learned most of the potential problems. The two washers on the fuel rail banjo bolt? They are crush washers meant to be replaced. The o-rings on the injectors should be replaced. Grease them a little so they don't get boogered up when you bolt down the fuel rail. This should keep you from burning the car to the ground.
Aaron can show you everything not to do.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:44 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by TepEvan
I am wearing one on my jacket (I went to early voting on Wednesday night). Can I get a donut?
Me too although I am not wearing an I voted sticker, it is laying on the dining room table.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Haha ya.. I think if you're worried about the price of OEM hardtops in the first place, you ought to think about "investing" your money elsewhere.

Ultimately higher prices just mean the "next" person gets f-ed. It's no different than real estate/housing around here. Everyone wants their home price to "go up," but it's just a big pyramid scheme.. /rant It's also like people bitching about the price of the s2k falling. Personally I wish they'd fall to $5k. I'd scoop up 2 more.

I hope the value of my current house does exactly the same as my last house, stay completely static until the year before I sell it when it doubled. F paying higher property taxes.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:50 AM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by speed_bump
Originally Posted by SlowTeg' timestamp='1415055663' post='23392501
Haha ya.. I think if you're worried about the price of OEM hardtops in the first place, you ought to think about "investing" your money elsewhere.

Ultimately higher prices just mean the "next" person gets f-ed. It's no different than real estate/housing around here. Everyone wants their home price to "go up," but it's just a big pyramid scheme.. /rant It's also like people bitching about the price of the s2k falling. Personally I wish they'd fall to $5k. I'd scoop up 2 more.

I hope the value of my current house does exactly the same as my last house, stay completely static until the year before I sell it when it doubled. F paying higher property taxes.
If property values don't increase, they increase tax rates. Then, property values increase and the tax rates stay high. They get their money one way or the other.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:30 AM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by WhrDLMI

And, no, I didn't buy it.
on voting! No excuses
Old 11-04-2014, 07:38 AM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by WhrDLMI
me likey this smiley
Old 11-04-2014, 07:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

And, Vote Blind Loyalty for the Reps?
"I just look for the ones with the R beside their name." <-- actual quote I heard one day in the hardware store.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by speed_bump' timestamp='1415116014' post='23393249
[quote name='SlowTeg' timestamp='1415055663' post='23392501']

If property values don't increase, they increase tax rates. Then, property values increase and the tax rates stay high. They get their money one way or the other.
[/quote]
Maryland has a 10%/yr cap on property value hikes at least so there's that but yes the last 8 years have been miserable for tax/fee increases in Md.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by 9k_on_occasion
Originally Posted by e3opian' timestamp='1415114551' post='23393211
And, Vote Blind Loyalty for the Reps?
"I just look for the ones with the R beside their name." <-- actual quote I heard one day in the hardware store.

Most people vote the straight ticket on either side and it has been that way for a long, long time.

Quick Reply: %!&#*367rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%