Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.

$#%#$% 149th Official Hard At Work Thread $%$%$#%

Old 04-11-2008, 06:42 AM

Received 154 Likes on 88 Posts

Clean-up, my desk.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wtfoottassles?
Old 04-11-2008, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by O-turn,Apr 11 2008, 10:42 AM
<--- God, son.
dood, dont say that. your gonna piss off the real one and he's gonna turn on the plages again, like in family guy.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by OversteerFTW,Apr 11 2008, 09:29 AM
I am not talking about COLA's. Clean out your ears, wipe off your screen, do whatever it takes to read this next sentence.

If the raises do not keep up with COL (Cost Of Living) then you are taking a paycut.

You are talking about COLA's (Cost Of Living Adjustments). A completely different but related topic. We do not get COLA's. Clear?
I've found that talking about COL adjustments and COL in raise terms were usually interchangeable. However I might be wrong. I know the social security administration uses COLA from the conversations I have had with them and multiple boards of unions and non-charitable organizations use that term also. However in the sametime I have heard COL used by countless CFO's during management meetings where we talk about living adjustments and what they can afford.

However if you are so set on my misusuage of the word then I will take your word for it.

I have always personally felt that raises are the choice of management. It is not their place to give it. In this job market we should all feel lucky that we have some sort of job, if any of us lost our job they could find a replacement tomorrow. I have always been a strong believer that if you're not happy with your wage then move on improve yourself/get a better job.

Cost of living depending on area, lifestyle etc can all vary. I have seen it as low as 1 percent in certain areas and as high as 5 percent in others. Does it make me happy to go to management and say only give a 1 percent raise at the max (I've given this advice several times this year)? No not at all, however a 1 percent raise is better then nothing also it's what that company can usually afford without going under.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:47 AM

morning

I just broke one of my customer's servers.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:47 AM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by bighead,Apr 11 2008, 10:39 AM
some experts say that a true inflation number is more like 11% for low and middle income families

price of milk and bread has increased over 25%. Gas about 20%. Other food related items over 10%.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:48 AM

"and the cats in the craddle and the silver spoon, little boy blue and the man in the moon. when ya comin' home, son i dont when, ill catch ya later then"
Old 04-11-2008, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by O-turn,Apr 11 2008, 10:42 AM
<--- God, son.
:disagree:

Apr 10 1997

The Jerusalem Post reports that high rabbinical sources have confirmed the birth of a rare red heifer named Melody in a kibbutz near Haifa. The ashes from such a beast will be needed to ceremonially purify any Jews before they would be permitted to enter the former site of Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem. At present, the parcel is occupied by the Dome of the Rock mosque, which is located on the spot where Muslims believe that Mohammed rode his horse into Heaven. The goal here is to reconstruct the Hebrew temple, but this would necessitate tearing down the mosque, virtually guaranteeing outright war between Israel and the Arab world. Even more ominous, the construction project is a necessary prerequisite for the second coming of Christ, which itself involves all the End Times stuff in the book of Revelation. Melody is the first red heifer in 2,000 years, and quite possibly the last.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:49 AM

there is no such thing as inflation to the weathly
Old 04-11-2008, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by magikcow,Apr 11 2008, 10:45 AM
I've found that talking about COL adjustments and COL in raise terms were usually interchangeable. However I might be wrong. I know the social security administration uses COLA from the conversations I have had with them and multiple boards of unions and non-charitable organizations use that term also. However in the sametime I have heard COL used by countless CFO's during management meetings where we talk about living adjustments and what they can afford.

However if you are so set on my misusuage of the word then I will take your word for it.

I have always personally felt that raises are the choice of management. It is not their place to give it. In this job market we should all feel lucky that we have some sort of job, if any of us lost our job they could find a replacement tomorrow. I have always been a strong believer that if you're not happy with your wage then move on improve yourself/get a better job.

Cost of living depending on area, lifestyle etc can all vary. I have seen it as low as 1 percent in certain areas and as high as 5 percent in others. Does it make me happy to go to management and say only give a 1 percent raise at the max (I've given this advice several times this year)? No not at all, however a 1 percent raise is better then nothing also it's what that company can usually afford without going under.
State and Federal agencies use the same COLA #. 2006-2007 was 2%.

Quick Reply: $#%#$% 149th Official Hard At Work Thread $%$%$#%