Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

Where to buy an S2000 in Atlanta

Old 05-31-2001, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everyone!,

I live in Alpharetta and am in the market for an S2000. I'm trying to find out where to buy one. Did you purchase your S2000 in the Atlanta area or did you travel to another area to get a better deal? The price on the S2000's seems to be going down so I'm willing to wait to get a good deal. I just don't want to wait if I can find a good deal now. I went by and talked to a salesman at Hennessy Honda in Woodstock. They have eight on the lot. Three months ago they had ten. The salesman said that he thinks that his sales manager would be willing to take sticker for one. I'm not about to pay sticker if they're moving that slow. I think that they're probably waiting to see how many they can sell at sticker during the spring and summer. Any advice that you have would be appreciated.

On another note, I'm interested in attending one of the club meetings to take a look at some S2000's and hear honest opinions about the car. Is it possible to attend the meeting without actually owning an S2000?

- Sheister
Old 05-31-2001, 05:00 PM

Sheister,
Last time I heard that Hennessy Honda had 4 Yellow ones and other colors, and they were willing to go for MSRP for the Yellow. Hurry up and ask for under MSRP before the weather gets better! You still can shop around (even in Atlanta areas now!) The first year that the S2000 came out the dealers around here were asking over $42,000! (I think Hennessy was asking around $40,000 then) Now, even Gwinett Honda is going for $35,000 (but with dealer options)
I ordered my Yellow one in Ohio ealier last year and got exactely the way I wanted at MSRP. And I heard some of the member here got below MSRP locally!
I'm sure David will welcom you to join with the Atlanta S2000 members.? When I started the club in Jan. this year, I welcomed all people with interest with S2000! But contact David Kosiba (S2k Dude) first: he's the new President of the club.

BTW, they added 2 new colors to the 2002 models (Sebring Silver metallic & Suzuka Blue for USA) and dropped the dark Silverstone color in 2002. Minor headlight and tail light changes and may be "glass" rear window. (please don't quote me on the glass window!) for 2002! That's what I'm waiting for, 2002 or possiblly 2003?? (just totaled mine in Feb.) If you can wait that long? Just don't get a 2000 unless you really like that year; since 2001 fixed most of the 2000 bugs (seat belt and trans problems in 2000; 2001 has a clock on the radio if you really care? also 2001 came with emergency trunk release in that SMALL trunk??? I don't have stupid kids or know anyone small enough to lock themselves in that trunk! otherwise, 2000 and 2001 are just about the same. Yellow S2000 didn't come until 2001)

[Edited by 850 on 05-31-2001 at 06:12 PM]
Old 06-01-2001, 08:56 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sheister, just look here for details on the next meet, we are considering June 16th or June 17th for the next club drive. If you have any questions please send me an email otherwise checkout S2ki.com they also have some good info.

As for buying below MSRP that may still be difficult. My suggestion is to email all local dealers (get email addresses from the Honda website) and make an offer of $500 below MSRP with no accessories. That might be the lowest you'll ever get one around here right now.
Old 06-01-2001, 12:59 PM

Ed Voyles has a black one for $46K! Its all loaded up and has some slick looking 19 inch rims that added $3995 to the total. I told them that those tires will rub the fenders if the new owner tries to follow us up to North Georgia.
Old 06-02-2001, 06:07 AM

I have 19's on mine and ask everyone who went to the mountains the first time ...all the darn smoke
Old 06-02-2001, 01:16 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Give'm hell Speed!!!
Old 06-04-2001, 06:27 AM
Banned

If you live in Alpharetta, try Kevin Burklin at Honda Carland in Alpharetta. Tell him that Keith sent you, he will drop the 'sales pitch' and give you a great deal. I have referred several other people to him and he has hooked them up.

[Edited by SilverStreak on 06-04-2001 at 08:02 AM]
Old 06-04-2001, 06:58 AM

I live near Hennessy Honda and purchased mine there. At the present time they have three yellows, one black, and one red. I purchased mine in mid April for under MSRP! Talk to Scott Thompson and tell him Joe Oczkowski sent you. Hennessy Honda 770-924-9000, I575 North to Exit 7, take a left (SR92) secound taffic light take a right. Honda dealership is right there, you can't miss it.
Old 06-04-2001, 05:48 PM

Thanks for all of the information. I went by Hennessy Honda and took a look at their lot today. You can get a really good look at everything from the grocery store parking lot that overlooks the dealership. They received in two more S2000's in the past few days. That puts them back at ten now. I went by the Honda dealer in Conyers and Curry Honda off of Peachtree Industrial. Both had prices marked on the cars that were about $750 over sticker. Curry Honda had five S2000's on the lot. Of course I had to listen to the salesmen at both dealerships tell me that the cars are not going to get any cheaper, this is the last year, Honda is only importing 6000 per year, there are plenty of people willing to come in and pay sticker for the car without shopping around, etc. I hate having to listen to their ramblings. I know the car is awesome. I just wish that I could get a straight answer on what they are willing to sell the things for right now. But, I guess they wouldn't play such games if they didn't work for them. I'll talk with Kevin at Honda Carland and see what he has to say. I already taked with another salesman at Hennessy, so I guess I'll have to keep my contacts with him. I'm also going to stop at any more Honda dealerships that my travels take me past.
Old 06-05-2001, 04:05 AM

I shopped at Conyers & Curry Honda. Got the "high demand speech and price. Then I tried Autobytel and was contacted by South Honda in Morrow. I stopped by there and found a low key no pressure atmosphere. They had 5 cars, red, black, yellow. I was looking for the silver and red interior. The salesman told me that one was scheduled to be delivered within two weeks which I bought at MSRP. I was favorably impressed with the buying experience at South Honda.

Quick Reply: Where to buy an S2000 in Atlanta