Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

Water Bans and washing our cars

Old 04-24-2002, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Bans and washing our cars

I was listening to the news this a.m. and they were discussing further restrictions for outdoor water use. So, question for you helpful people ...

I have one of those "wash it yourself" car washes right near me. You know, the kind that you drive in and it has the wand and you (I think) can pay for just water. It's my understanding that these businesses will not be affected by water restrictions. If I take my zaino wash, bucket, towel, etc. and soap the car down ... can I use this water wand to rinse? Or is it too powerful? I don't want anything to hurt If it's too powerful, I could just aim it skyward and let the water FALL to my car . Then I could drive the car home and zaino it in the garage or driveway.

Whaddaya think? I'm working in advance to come up with alternatives so that I won't get letters from my strict neighborhood association.

Sandy
Old 04-24-2002, 03:53 AM

What sort of further restrictions are they talking about. The current 10 am to 10 pm - every other day restriction, can be tough, but is livable.
Old 04-24-2002, 04:00 AM

I heard (keep in mind it was 5 a.m. when I had the radio on so I'm not saying I heard ACCURATELY!) that they might limit to only one day a week (during the week) and ban all other times. And some counties have more restrictive hours that the 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. hours. In North Fulton it's 5 a.m. - 10 p.m.

Here's a link to the story in todays paper. Again, everything's up in the air ... I'm just trying to be proactive since I'm now hooked on keeping my car BEAUTIFUL! And I didn't know if that wand pressure would hurt my car.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/metro/040...02/24water.html

Sandy
Old 04-24-2002, 04:04 AM

Ok, I'm still waking up ... but I thought this was funny. The ad above the "drought story" on Access Atlanta was a Lowes "How To Build a Water Garden" ad. tee hee hee.
Old 04-24-2002, 04:07 AM

Yeah, because of that and my schedule, I don't wash my car as often as I usually do. But I still go to those car wash place as you mentioned and hose the pollen off twice a week. So far, the paint is still on my car, no damage. But front end of my car has already been scratched up by the road debris.
Old 04-24-2002, 04:11 AM

I must have nice neighbours, I have been washing my car when I want. I figured the first ticket in Gwinnett County is on $25, so might as well wash when I want to, at least until the first offence.

On a couple of occassions, I have had police cars drive by my house when I was washing the car, during restricted hours. They didn't even stop
Old 04-24-2002, 07:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by f1 sandy
[B]I was listening to the news this a.m. and they were discussing further restrictions for outdoor water use.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:05 PM

Skrew it, im gonna wash my car as much as I want. I just wont leave the hose running when its not in use.
Old 05-04-2002, 02:30 PM

Here's my solution:

Then the cleanup:

The first time I did this I put a 50 foot hose around the entire bay so the water couldn't run to the walls, but I found I didn't need it. It runs out the door as it should. Now I can wash anytime, rain or shine
Old 05-23-2002, 12:11 PM

It would help if I knew the correct way to post pictures. I think I've got it now.

Quick Reply: Water Bans and washing our cars