Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

SCR-SCCA PDX/Track Trial - Roebling Road - 6/27-28

Old 06-06-2009, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCR-SCCA PDX/Track Trial - Roebling Road - 6/27-28

Registration in now open for the SCR-SCCA PDX and Track Trial event at the Roebling Road Raceway 2.02 mile roadcourse in Bloomingdale, GA, located 20 miles outside of Savannah, GA.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/eve...BD66095DAD85854

PDX is SCCA's Performance Driving Experience. Two levels of PDX will be offered:

PDX Novice - No prior on track experience is required. These events are referred to as HPDEs by many other organizations. Instructors will be assigned to each student to guide you through in car instruction. Classroom sessions will also be offered to discuss proper line, car control, etc. Most cars are eligible to participate. Please see this FAQ for more information: http://www.scsportscar.com/modules/newbb/v...d=2142&forum=13 and contact matt@scsportscar.com with any questions.

PDX Advanced
- Solo track time is offered in this group with participants assigned to an instructor that will observe vehicles while they are on track. Prior track experience is required to participate in this group. A check ride with a ride along instructor may also be required. If would like to be considered to participate in this group, please contact jonk@scsportscar.com .

Track Trials groups for both open wheeled and fendered cars will be offered. This is an SEDIV points event. Please see http://www.sccattse.org/ for more information. A Track Trial FAQ is also available at: http://www.scsportscar.com/modules/newbb/v...d=2150&forum=13

We currently have openings for Instructors for PDX Novice drivers at this event. If you have previous instructing experience and would like to be considered to instruct at this event, please contact joe@scsportscar.com with your prior instructional experience.

Corner and other specialty workers will also be needed for this event. Double occupancy hotel accomodations or a gas card for transportation costs will be provided to workers, as well as breakfast and lunch during days worked and a worker party/BBQ on Saturday night. If you are interested in working at this event, registration for volunteers can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/scrvolunteer20090627 Contact nick@scsportscar.com with any questions regarding volunteering at this event.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:33 PM

Less than one week away.

Still less that 6 cars in both PDX Novice and Open Wheel Track Trial. That will mean plenty of open track.

Still not enough S2000s signed up. Someone steal your torque or something?

Remember everyone, if you can't swing the cash for both days, you can run just one day on either Saturday or Sunday.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already booked seat-time for friday
Old 06-21-2009, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by dan_uk,Jun 21 2009, 02:22 PM
I already booked seat-time for friday
Very cool. If you run Solo with Jon K, you can run Solo during the PDX also. Or if you wanted an instructor, Jon K will be our chief instructor, and can pair you with a good instructor for the day.

I think that I ran with quite a few of you at a CMP CCR PDX day that Jon K and Steven Rankins ran a few years ago. I was in a Black MINI Cooper S, and had a blast out there with all of your fancy RWD VTEC cars.

This will be an absolutely great event for first timers. There are only three drivers in the Novice PDX group, so if you know of anyone that wanted a low pressure day to get on track, this will be it.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:31 AM

might be bringing the '77 f22c powerd Celica out for this, but not sure i will get onto the track. hope to see people out there!

~Ryan
Old 06-22-2009, 07:54 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

[QUOTE]Still not enough S2000s signed up.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:44 PM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Great time today!! I logged close to 25 laps, and I missed a full session and part of another (cracked rotor).

Hated the track at first... But started to like it during my third session. A lot of credit to Dan for running a pretty damn fast time in, for all intent and purposes, a stock ap1 on Hoosiers!

My first session had me running 1:29s.
By the end of the day, I clicked off a 1:27.4xx (+/- .1).

Was very happy with that...
Mods:
- carbotech x10 fronts; cobalt gts rears
- euro spec alignment
- F225 / R255 dunlop star specs
- stock shocks with eibach pro-kit springs
- test pipe
- siebon hardtop and BYS wing
- race weight (half tank, spare in, tools removed, 20lb sub): 2775lb, with driver 2935lbs

Also, there was this yaris coupe that was running ridiculously quick! They said 1:32s with suspension and tires! Pretty awesome actually

Good times, good people, great event
Old 06-28-2009, 05:30 AM

heading that way now, T-2 hrs and i'll be there!

~Ryan
Old 06-28-2009, 07:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Driven,Jun 27 2009, 01:44 PM
Great time today!! I logged close to 25 laps, and I missed a full session and part of another (cracked rotor).

Hated the track at first... But started to like it during my third session. A lot of credit to Dan for running a pretty damn fast time in, for all intent and purposes, a stock ap1 on Hoosiers!

My first session had me running 1:29s.
By the end of the day, I clicked off a 1:27.4xx (+/- .1).

Was very happy with that...
Mods:
- carbotech x10 fronts; cobalt gts rears
- euro spec alignment
- F225 / R255 dunlop star specs
- stock shocks with eibach pro-kit springs
- test pipe
- siebon hardtop and BYS wing
- race weight (half tank, spare in, tools removed, 20lb sub): 2775lb, with driver 2935lbs

Also, there was this yaris coupe that was running ridiculously quick! They said 1:32s with suspension and tires! Pretty awesome actually

Good times, good people, great event
hey good meeting you
you were flying! I never got better than 1.27.2 on street tires
I never beat the times I did that first session trying to reel you in!

let me know if you are coming thru again and wanna checkout CMP
Old 06-29-2009, 05:18 AM

I was there this weekend in the Miata. My friends were driving the Yaris. They were very fast for a stock yaris with shocks.
Both of you guys were very quick. Should have come out sunday and played with the Viper. 154 on the front straight, but got eaten up on the back portion of the track.
I will be at seat-time for the august event. Hope you see you guys out again.

Quick Reply: SCR-SCCA PDX/Track Trial - Roebling Road - 6/27-28