Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

S2000 Track Day: Carolina Motorsports Park

Old 06-28-2005, 12:14 PM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mts,Jun 28 2005, 12:02 PM
If there won't be many instructors available, perhaps you can get one of the track officials or one of the experienced instructors to set up little cones just outside the track at the basic entry, apex, and exit of each corner. I've seen that at a lot of lapping events and although the cones tend to get knocked over as the day goes on, they seem to really help the new folks get the basic lines down.

Although, I don't have my instructors license, I would be happy to give a few rides and help people with the basic lines if there's a real need.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I'll let Dewain know that you're willing to help.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:02 PM

First thread updated. Only Ezop's spot left. Hurry if you want to make it.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm calling "dibs" on Ezop's spot, if it's still available. Let me know. I can make the full payment today.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:39 AM

Still available. We'll go ahead and call it for you unless you change your mind. PMed you with details.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:04 PM

$221.13 sent to Dr. Richard Tavernaro (richardtav@mindspring.com) via PayPal.

Booyah. This is going to be great.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:09 PM

Excellent. Updating the first post right now.

Ezop, Doctor T will send you a refund for your deposit.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:53 PM

Hey Cyclon36, I just realized that you're the guy from the Gallery with the black stripes on yellow.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=275511

I'm looking forward to seeing your car in person. Did you ever take any pics with the Berlina hardtop on?
Old 06-30-2005, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by UNC04SuzukaBlue,Jun 30 2005, 12:53 PM
Hey Cyclon36, I just realized that you're the guy from the Gallery with the black stripes on yellow.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=275511

I'm looking forward to seeing your car in person. Did you ever take any pics with the Berlina hardtop on?
Yeah, that's me. The stripes should give me the advantage on the track

The progress of my work in my signature, but here's the link to the one with my hardtop and stuff: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=296472

I'll be sporting a custom exhaust and super secret brake ducts for track day as well
Old 06-30-2005, 06:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Payment sent. I will have a spectator/passenger with me, but I would be happy to instruct and/or give rides. Are we going to do a track orientation/tourning in the morning?
Old 06-30-2005, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by SC_Highlander,Jun 30 2005, 06:10 PM
Payment sent. I will have a spectator/passenger with me, but I would be happy to instruct and/or give rides. Are we going to do a track orientation/tourning in the morning?
We'll have a quick orientation and we'll all do a parade lap before we start. I'm not sure how many we'll have in the beginners group until we get there, but I'll keep you in mind as an instructor.

We'll begin the morning with the tech inspection, the quick overview of rules and procedures, then we'll do a parade lap. There are videos of the course along with instruction on this page: http://www.elams.org/Toys/Racing/Kershaw%2...umbs/Page1.html

We'll also have a DVD that we'll be watching from a session on the track(assuming someone brings a DVD player) the night before at the hotel. For anybody that has questions the night before, we'll be at the hotel mentioned in the first post. We'll probably get there Thursday night around 9 or 10.

For those of you who are new to tracking or have never been to CMP before, you might want to check or do the following:

-Change your oil before and after track day and keep a few quarts with you as you might burn some off during the day.

-Inspect your brake pads and have a reserve set ready if the current ones are more than halfway used. CMP will be heavy on brakes and you don't want to get stranded.

-If it's been 15-20k miles since your last differential fluid change, you might want to go ahead and do that along with your oil (LE makes an excellent product that most of us use).

-Consider changing your brake fluid to a DOT4 or high temp fluid. High brake temps will cook OEM fluid that comes stock with the car. ATE Super Blue is an excellent choice as well as Motul products.

-Inspect your tires to make sure you have sufficient tread left. If you're at your wear bars, then you definitely need to replace the tires before track.

Let me know if you guys have any questions as this gets closer.

-Joe

Quick Reply: S2000 Track Day: Carolina Motorsports Park