Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

OMG, I hit a bird today!

Old 03-19-2002, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was on my way home from work today enjoying a nice sweeping right hand corner (~50 mph) in my new '02 when it happened. A bird flew out of the woods and was headed directly in the path of the car. I thought for sure it would miss, but nope, it hit the top of the windshield on the passenger side! The feathers flew and the bird tumbled, wow -- this has never happened to me before! All of this with the top down, of course. Oh well, at least I know where the first knicks on my windshield came from...
Old 03-19-2002, 06:19 PM

glad to hear that you kept the original windsheild.

that could have been bad on so many levels.
Old 03-20-2002, 04:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good thing it wasn't an ostrich .
Old 03-20-2002, 04:47 AM

Brett,

Sorry to hear about that. Doesn't sound like you have a crack in the windshield, though.

I had my '01 for less than a week in Texas when I was heading to the Texas World Speedway one Saturday morning. I caught up to some traffic on the highway and sure enough, KRACK - I had a rock chip from a truck in front of me... The crack spread like wildfire within one hour

It happens, i guess...

See you Friday bright and early !!!
Old 03-20-2002, 04:58 AM

At least you didn't look like this! This was Fabio after a bird hit him IN THE FACE while he was riding on a roller coaster. The picture is black and white, but you can still tell by all the stuff on his face, that the birdee didn't quite make it..... ewwwww.......
Old 03-20-2002, 06:32 AM

KigerShark,

If you would slow down and get the car back on the ground you wouldn't have to worry about running into flying objects.

Sounds like the windshield is OK, that's good.
Old 03-20-2002, 06:47 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While slightly unrelated. . .

This reminds me of a time when I was driving on a four lane highway on my home from Wilmington and I was slowly passing a Toyota Corolla. In the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of something moving near the wheel well.

It was a small bird (maybe a finch or something), dead (obviously) and hanging by it leg!

It was just flopping there. . .it was quite disturbing!
Old 03-20-2002, 12:06 PM

My Bird story:
About 6 months ago driving on I95 with 18 wheeler on left and SUV in front of me. SUV suddenly cuts in front of 18 wheeler. In middle of my lane is a seagull standing and never tries to fly. Have no where to go and plow into. Look in rear view mirror and see surreal looking CGI like swirl of white feathers in my vortex. Stop car and find head and 1 wing stuck in grill.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:38 PM

Originally posted by William
My Bird story:
About 6 months ago driving on I95 with 18 wheeler on left and SUV in front of me. SUV suddenly cuts in front of 18 wheeler. In middle of my lane is a seagull standing and never tries to fly. Have no where to go and plow into. Look in rear view mirror and see surreal looking CGI like swirl of white feathers in my vortex. Stop car and find head and 1 wing stuck in grill.
That's just nasty!!!!
Old 03-20-2002, 02:06 PM

Upon getting my front spoiler back from the paint shop (after a good Roebling Road sandblasting) - I was on Highway 33 south of Cordelle, somewhere past zero dark thirty in the morning - No cops, no traffic, - no speed limit (isn't that the law here ). I crested a hill and spooked a small possum. I swerved to the middle, hoping he would just go under the car - the spoiler responded with thud. I'm quite sure he didn't feel a thing. The spoiler split in several places and now resides in some trash heap north of town. Now if I had the Mach 5 steering wheel and those little jumpers under the car, all would be well.

Quick Reply: OMG, I hit a bird today!