Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

June 10th Test and Tune Day at Roebling Road Raceway (lots of track time!)

Old 05-23-2002, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default June 10th Test and Tune Day at Roebling Road Raceway (lots of track time!)

Hello,

The Temple of VTEC ( http://www.vtec.net/ ) is renting out Roebling Road Raceway ( http://www.roeblingroad.com/ ) for a day on Monday, June 10th to do a TOV Road Test evaluation of the new Acura CL-S 6-speed (and maybe an RSX-S). Roebling Road Raceway is located about 30 minutes from Savannah, GA. There is a limit of 10 drivers. 3 drivers have already signed up. To help defray the costs, we would like to share the track with the first 7 people who register and pay. We are NOT looking to make a profit from this and so are asking for $250 per driver. For this price, you will get the following:

- There is a limit of 5 cars on track at a time, so there will be very little traffic. This is a 2.02 mile track, so there will be plenty of running room.
- Run sessions will be 35 minutes long! This will allow you to make changes on your car in the hot pits and go back out to see if it helped. It will be a great chance to do a test and tune session to really get your car properly set up.
- There are 2 run groups. Each run group gets three 35 minute sessions in the morning and three 35 minute sessions in the afternoon.
- This is 3.5 hours of track time in a single day! Since it's in a single day, you don't have to spend extra money on renting a hotel room, food for two days etc.. It's an incredible bargain.
- We are requesting only experienced drivers with 2 or more track events under their belt since no driving instruction will be provided.
- We will have limited availability of a Vericom Computer to measure your 0-60, 1/4 mile times, and 60-0 braking distances.
- We will have limited availability of a GPS system which will record your true top speed attained on track.
- We will have a Hot Lap Transmitter in place. It will be up to you to bring your own Hot Lap Receiver. We may consider renting out our receiver though.

To register and pay, please send us your name, address, contact numbers, track experience, car model, and the payment to our PayPal account at: paypal@vtec.net

Please PM me or post to this topic if you have any questions.

Regards,
vtecing
Old 05-23-2002, 11:36 AM

Looks like I might be in on this event, anyone coming with me? Or come by and watch me goof up??? Cheer me on??

Look like Roebling also have longer sweep turns similar like the Talladega (over 180
Old 05-24-2002, 04:22 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That looks like it would be a really cool day at the track. $250 for 3.5 hours of track time is a bargain. I might show up just to watch the festivities as I don't have the required track experience to put my car on the track.
Old 05-24-2002, 04:59 AM

Dave,

It's a Monday event! I might head down there on Sunday night.
Still waiting for my PayPal account to work, because of the email change from MediaOne to AT&T!

I'm also having problem to get into a Group in Chin Motorsports program on June 1st and 2nd. I think they only have two groups available? Novice and Advance! I was hoping they have an Intermediate Group , but they don't and the Novice is all full. I might have to try the advance group?? I Just don't want to be the slowest one out there and block the traffic! Because most of the Chin group are driving the NSX or more powerful cars! And I'm pretty sure most of the Advance group have a lot of race cars. Roebling is also a high speed track like RA, I wonder if I'm brave enough to be in the Advance group because I have never even been on that track to know all the lines yet!
Old 05-24-2002, 06:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2k Dude
[B]That looks like it would be a really cool day at the track.
Old 05-27-2002, 08:30 PM

I've ran the S and SER at Roebling numerous times. This is a wonderful track with plently of run off and good room for passing down the back/front straight. As far as spectating, the wall down the pit lane prevents a good view of the straight but turn 3 through 7 is fairly visable.

Vtech - if I choose to run, I prefer to drive in the experienced group. I have a racing license and recorded events if required. If I sign up, can I be guaranteed my slot will fall in the group with racing experience?

Thanks -
Old 05-27-2002, 08:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patch
[B]Vtech - if I choose to run, I prefer to drive in the experienced group.
Old 05-28-2002, 05:58 AM

I'm in the Chin Motorsports event on June 1st and 2nd!

I should be in on this June 10th event as well.

Just ordered another set of tires from Tirerack. (if anyone need a set of very used tires, just come by and pick up from me. I'll will be measuring the thread depth by Friday when I mount the new tires!)
I'm also picking up the "ate Super Blue" Dot4 brake fluid today and ready to do a complete flush tomorrow; I might change the oil as well? I might have to get a set of pads too? Need to check and see if I still have more than 50% thickness? They are about $120 for a complete set at Gwinnett Place Honda, not too bad; I know I can do better, but I might need it this weekend in a hurry.
I might also pick up the camera mount from Tim and take some video! It's going to be fun! Hope most of you will have fun at the Road Atlanta on June 1st and 2nd, and hope to see some of you on the 10th!
Now, I'm really broke! Over $1400 gone just for the next two weekends of FUN! I really need to start saving for the wedding!
Old 05-30-2002, 09:49 AM

Come on! Guys! $125 for 3 sessions of 35 Min. track time is not bad! See if you guys can group up! I'm ready for it on June 10th!

I'm also ready for this weekend at Roebling Road! Got my Super blue racing brake fluid into my car! I also replaced the front brake pads, because they were over 50% gone! (Just from 4 track events and only 7,000 miles on the OD. BTW, I got them at better deal, because I knew the guy at the counter at parts department). Waiting for my tires to arrive tomorrow. Any one interested my old set of tires? I think I might just as well to change my oil once again!? I'm just waiting to Tim on the camera mount bracket. Anyone have them? Will the bracket withstand over 130 MPH speed???

Brad, you should hook up with someone to split the $250 and run the day? Troup, Haven't seen you on the track for a while???where are all the trackers?

See Ya'll later! Hope some of you will join me on June 10th!
Old 05-31-2002, 04:37 AM

I think they canceled the event?

Since no one has PM or emailed me on my tires, I'm keeping them (I'll just rotate them left to right later, because from the track events; all the tires were worn more on one side (outside) than the other. I found out they still have at least