Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

Funny motorcycle accident!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny motorcycle accident!

My next door neighbor just bought a motorcycle today. It arrived at his house around 6:50. At around 7:00 I hear a motorcycle start up and two seconds later I hear a resounding thud. The guy said he was just trying to figure out the bike. 4 hours later, we had his garage temporarily fixed up until he can get a garage door guy to come tomorrow. I thought you guys might find this humorous.

No motorcyclists were injured in the making of this hilarious event. Well, maybe his pride was hurt.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:15 PM

Any pictures of the bike?
Old 03-12-2008, 06:22 PM

No. He pulled the bike out and quickly put it in the garage. It wasn't badly damaged. It was scraped up pretty good but that was about it.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by jesusphish,Mar 12 2008, 09:22 PM
No. He pulled the bike out and quickly put it in the garage. It wasn't badly damaged. It was scraped up pretty good but that was about it.
Looks like the garage got the worst of that...

That's hilarious! My neighbor would never hear the end of that from me...
Old 03-13-2008, 07:36 AM

Wow what kind of bike is that? Some inexperienced motorcyclist can be really funny... provided no one got seriously hurt.

On July 31, 2006 one of my best friends and roomate had an accident on my ZX-10R. He was one his way back to work from lunch running late. He got on it a bit and was going a little faster then he though he was, when he tried to break he locked up the rear wheel and ended up laying it down. He and the bike slid about 250ish feet before hitting a curb.

He remembers the entire accident, never blacked out one time. Was never in any pain during that time due to his adrenaline. There was traffic around and one of the first people on the scene was his boss from work who had been 2 cars behind him. He called emergency and stay'd there with him until they arrived. When they did they accessed him and called for Medstar (helicopter transport). Turns out that he broke his lower back in two places (T11-T12) crushing his spinal cord, it took him 10 min to realize that he could not move anything below his waist.

This is some of the hardware that was put in his back to help rebuild his spin. Everyone of these pieces are titanium total cost of this hardware was over 15 grand!

Old 03-13-2008, 08:35 AM

OMG! That's terrible. That is why I won't own a motorcycle. I have done some stupid things in my S2000 and know I'll try and push the envelope with a motorcycle and seriously hurt myself.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:56 AM

Yeah, I won't ever own another one.. they're fun as hell but it's not worth it to me anymore, I have to much to live for. Shea was in the hopsital for a month after his accident and I was there every single day that he was in that place. After seeing everything that he went though and all the little things that we take for granted that he has such a hard time doing there's no way I could put myself in the position where that could happen. You hear about these things all the time but it takes it happening to you or someone close for it to sink in.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:23 AM

I sold mine after watching a buddy wreck!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:19 PM

As funny as that is, I'm glad he was alright. Out of curiosity, why did the po-po show up???
Old 03-18-2008, 05:24 PM

Because I called him. The owner of the house was not there. I felt it was the appropriate thing to do.

The guy had never touched a motorcycle before in his life and was just messing around with it. He revved the engine and dumped the clutch and the bike just took him for a ride. Next thing he knew, he was slamming his helmeted head into the garage.

Quick Reply: Funny motorcycle accident!