Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

Thank you from the Oklahoma crew

Old 06-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Thank you from the Oklahoma crew

On behalf of the Oklahoma S2000 community, I just wanted to thank all of you for your kind words of encouragement and thoughtful gifts in light of recent events. XLR8 is doing better day by day and your generosity has and will continue to help him and all of us heal. We feel very fortunate to have such a close knit group of people and even more privileged to have neighboring communities such as the Gateway owners watching out for us.

We look forward to seeing all of you again very soon and again, thank you.

Julz and Martini
Old 06-02-2006, 05:07 AM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are so glad that XLR8 is out of the hospital and recovering well at home. As I have seen many post in the past, S2KI has just a great bunch of people. We all pull together where and when needed. I'm sure you would all do the same if the situation was reversed.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all again very soon.

FYI for the Gateway Group... Most of you probably do not know that I sent a care package to XLR8 on behalf of the Gateway Community to help him pass the time in the hospital. Unfortunatly, he was checked out before the package arrived so now he gets to use the items at home to pass the time. Items included:
  • Hot Wheels exotic sports car coloring book with 16 crayons to be completed after a narcotic cocktail (tell him to stay in the lines)
  • 12 S2000 paper models of various colors (with scissors, glue stick, and tape) to really pass the time, built 1 took almost an hour
  • Assorted candy bars for the sweet tooth
  • 4 dye cast convertible sports cars to run up and down his breakfast tray
  • Hot Rods mag June edition
  • Exotic Custom Exports mag June edition including 50+ minute DVD of outrages cars
  • Sports car card game to play with visitors
  • and finally... Electronic Texas Holdem full play hand video game with batteries
Old 06-02-2006, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-02-2006, 07:06 PM

12 S2000 paper models of various colors (with scissors, glue stick, and tape) to really pass the time, built 1 took almost an hour
You'll have fun with those for sure, XLR8!
Old 06-05-2006, 06:07 AM

Thanks to all for the support and prayers during my recovery. I'm currently at home and seem to be getting better each day.

Thanks to 8Ball for the care package. Even though I'm out of the hospital now, I still look forward to constructing the S2000 paper models and satisifing my sweet tooth.

Again, a big THANK YOU to everyone.

Rob
Old 06-14-2006, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by xlr8,Jun 5 2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks to all for the support and prayers during my recovery. I'm currently at home and seem to be getting better each day.

Thanks to 8Ball for the care package. Even though I'm out of the hospital now, I still look forward to constructing the S2000 paper models and satisifing my sweet tooth.

Again, a big THANK YOU to everyone.

Rob
Did you enjoy putting a paper model together yet? Hope you're doing well
Old 06-15-2006, 05:19 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by rehile,Jun 14 2006, 08:41 PM
Did you enjoy putting a paper model together yet? Hope you're doing well
Need to see some pictures of the. Have a car show
Old 06-22-2006, 11:15 AM

I finally constructed one of the many paper S2000 models that 8Ball sent me. I must say this wasn't the easiest thing to do with all the cutting and gluing but I got one done. Here are some pix of the finish product.

This took a total of 5 hours over 2 evenings to complete. It kinda looks beat up, but hey, this was my first attempt. I'll attempt another one soon and maybe it will look a lot better.

BTW... how in the hell do you work with all the small pieces? I got so frustrated that they ended up in the trash.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:15 PM
Community Organizer

Nice Job!. The whole purpose of these was to pass the time in the Hospital. To bad they did not reach you before you were released.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:44 PM

lmao thats tight

Quick Reply: Thank you from the Oklahoma crew