Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

PDX offers $55 Test Drive

Old 04-21-2009, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SlipAngle79,Apr 21 2009, 01:00 PM
I'll be changing oil and MTF this week - Thursday or Friday but I only have the afternoon free as I have stuff going on after 5pm. Let me know if you want to stop by and we can bleed the brakes.

Nick
Where are you located? Friday afternoon might work for me if I work a half-day.

Also, www.speedbleeder.com? Is there anywhere local I can go and pick these up?
Old 04-21-2009, 11:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, that's the site... you can bleed your own brakes by yourself.

SPS (a SCCA PDX sponsor) sells at the track (which doesn't help your right now) but they should stock them and they are local -> http://www.soloperformance.com/SpeedBleede...900_p_1264.html

Solo Performance Specialties, LLC

780 Merus Ct.
Fenton, MO 63026

NOTE: Our address in Fenton is our corporate office and warehouse and is generally open from 9am until 4pm M-F. Our retail locations can be found trackside at many Midwest Events and at the Gateway Internation Raceway ProShop during the racing season. Hours vary by event.

If you are local to us, we are glad for you to stop by our office to pick up your order or to browse products. However, please be advised that many of our products ship direct from manufacturer warehouses or are made to order (graphics). During the season, our inventory is often with our trackside mobile store or at the Pro Shop location.

Therefore, please contact us prior to stopping by to make sure that we have the item(s) you would like to look at in stock.

Phone: 1-877-614-SOLO(7656)

Give them a call and see if they have them in stock and see if you can go pick them up. If you get them by Thursday, I can probably help you do it during the evening... just pick up the brake fluid (which I recommend getting Valvoline Syntec).

Keith
Old 04-21-2009, 11:13 AM

I'm in Wildwood close to Six Flags, 100W out to Melrose.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Keith,Apr 20 2009, 07:27 PM
It appears that a BS6658-85 Type A is better than Snell 2005 rating which means it is acceptable but I would print out any documentation stating this so you won't have any issues in tech.
Thanks Keith but not sure on that. From what I found, BS6685-85 Type A/FR is currently approved by the SCCA (at least equivalent to SA2005) but the 'regular' Type A does not have a Flame Retardant lining so is not SCCA approved....

The PDX 'rules for noobs' mentions "Snell 95 or newer" helmet, but it's not clear if that's for the whole day only, or for the 20min session too. I can't find anything online with respect to equivalence between SA95 & 'Type A'

I can borrow a lid that's M2000 standard, but I can't find anything definitive to say that's acceptable &/or 'newer than SA95' either. I'm a medium in some Arai helmets / large in others so not sure if your medium loaner will help...

Damn - I thought I'd be good to go, but may have to pass
Old 04-21-2009, 01:36 PM

Just bring both helmets... I'm sure the SCCA will work you to get you on track, even if it's just for one session.

Keith
Old 04-21-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Keith,Apr 21 2009, 02:00 PM
Yep, that's the site... you can bleed your own brakes by yourself.

SPS (a SCCA PDX sponsor) sells at the track (which doesn't help your right now) but they should stock them and they are local -> http://www.soloperformance.com/SpeedBleede...900_p_1264.html

Solo Performance Specialties, LLC

780 Merus Ct.
Fenton, MO 63026

NOTE: Our address in Fenton is our corporate office and warehouse and is generally open from 9am until 4pm M-F. Our retail locations can be found trackside at many Midwest Events and at the Gateway Internation Raceway ProShop during the racing season. Hours vary by event.

If you are local to us, we are glad for you to stop by our office to pick up your order or to browse products. However, please be advised that many of our products ship direct from manufacturer warehouses or are made to order (graphics). During the season, our inventory is often with our trackside mobile store or at the Pro Shop location.

Therefore, please contact us prior to stopping by to make sure that we have the item(s) you would like to look at in stock.

Phone: 1-877-614-SOLO(7656)

Give them a call and see if they have them in stock and see if you can go pick them up. If you get them by Thursday, I can probably help you do it during the evening... just pick up the brake fluid (which I recommend getting Valvoline Syntec).

Keith
Yea I was actually planning on stopping by SPS to pick up a camera mount so hopefully they'll have a mount and the proper sized bleeders in stock. If you could help me do this brake bleed on Thursday evening, I'd REALLY appreciate it. I wouldn't have to bail out of work early to do it with SlipAngle79 and I think you're probably only 5-10 minutes away (I'm right by 141/Clayton). Let me know!
Old 04-21-2009, 02:55 PM

Yeah, I'm over in Ballwin (Manchester and Renike). Find out if they have the bleeders... if they do, shoot me a PM and we'll get everything sorted out from there.

Keith
Old 04-21-2009, 09:26 PM

It's great to see some new enthusiasm! Look forward to meeting you all Saturday at the track!
Old 04-22-2009, 07:19 AM

Just FYI, we got an e-mail this morning saying that they'll try to accommodate requests for specific instructors.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Su2uKa,Apr 20 2009, 07:06 PM
That's the thing: the car hasn't had an alignment since I bought it - it doesn't feel 'off' but it's not a baseline if I don't know where it's at right now... I think it could/should feel better so I wanted to start with a recommended baseline.

So does 5.5 caster turn more or less easily & provide more dynamic camber in the turn than 6.75, or less? Any stability issues with 5.5 caster?

Just trying to understand why Nick would go in the opposite direction to the UK spec (if stock is 6)
More camber = more grip = better tire wear on the track.

When you max out camber which gets you to about -1.5 at stock ride height - the max caster you can get at that point is about 5.5 to 5.75.

Quick Reply: PDX offers $55 Test Drive