Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

Missouri Hills Run

Old 12-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=JulieU,Dec 17 2005, 10:41 PM] What about Harry S. Truman State Park area or Stockton State Park area?
Old 12-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Community Organizer

OK Folks... Below are 5 options I would like you to look at and give me some feedback for our Missouri Spring Hills Run 2006 (May 13th-14th, 2006)

Overall View: - Blue dots indicate town preferences

Option #1 - Table Rock Lake in one of three towns (Lampe, Shell Knob, or Cape Fair). All of these towns are far enough from Branson so that we should no be burdened with tourist traffic

Option #2 - Bull Shoals. Similar to our Spring 2005 run. Nearby towns... Bull Shoals, Oakland or Peel

Option #3 - Stockton Lake - A bit closer to home for both the KC and St. Louis Groups. Towns to consider... Stockton or Aldrich

Option #4 - Lake of the Ozarks. Towns to consider Osage Beach or Sunrise Beach

and Option #5 - Harry S Truman Reservoir. Towns to consider Tightwad (love that name) and Warsaw.

All of the options above have some excellent routes to the destination, at the destination and back home again. Since the Gateway group has already done option #1 and #2 in the past, I would like to try a new place. Therefore my three choices in order of preference are:

#4, #5, and #3

It takes me about 8-10 man hours to map routes, find places to stay, figure out activities, make reservations, and print maps so, before I move forward, I would like some feedback from you. I do realize it's easier for all for me to just pick a place and pull it all together, but wanted to get some feedback from you on preferences before I continue.

If you don't care, then great... I'll pick.... If you care, then voice your opinion now. I'll give it to the end of the year before finalizing.

Enjoy!
Old 12-18-2005, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tightwad/Warsaw area is where I have put a few drives on in the past w/ a friend from the RX-7 club. I took Steve and Tim on the way back from the fall run on a route that I use for day trips. Also the same route I did a run on that Angel and a few others came on once.
Only problem is there is only about 15 minutes of GOOD roads on that route. There are a few other routes in the area, but it's nothing close to what the Fall run was. Also there is no acomadations down that way. You either head south for the Ozarks, North to Clinton or 45 mins more from Clinton you are in KC. For the KC group it's not a far drive at all... When I plan stuff that way we usually meet the Springfeild guys in Clinton and start from there.

Larger map here http://home.mchsi.com/~sprx-7/

Alot of the roads down that way don't go all the way through, or what was curvy once they have straightned...etc...
Although if we all agree on that area, I can help go down and scout new roads etc...

My Choices would 1, 2 or 4
Old 12-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Community Organizer

Good to know... Sounds like we don't want to do that run. Let's put Option #5 to the side as feedback from James does not sound to well. Keep posting your experiences good or bad.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by 8BALL,Dec 18 2005, 07:02 PM
Do you realize that Harry S. Truman State Park area or Stockton State Park area are about as far (if not further) away from Tulsa thank Table Rock, Bull Shoals or even mountain home. AR roads are just so much better. However, since I have been at neither of those two and it would be closerfor us as well as the KC group, It's well worth considering.
Yes, I realize they are both further for us Okies (that's why I said "personally I won't mind driving a little further"). I was keeping in mind this statement from Angel "Speaking for myself, I would probably limit myself to a 200 mile drive, unless it is going to gather up 20+ S2Ks... then I would definitely consider a longer drive."

All of those options look good to me.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:00 PM

Hey guys... new to the boards. I just bought my first S2k. and am already loving it way more than my STi. Having said that...

I live down in springfield, and if we are planning on starting there I have got some kick A$# roads that we can take and avoid Branson alltogether. You need to be looking at HWY 125 and HWY H. Excellent excellent roads, would be a really fun start to the Spring Cruise. Its not patrolled and its as good as anything down in AK.

Let me know if you want me to chart a course out of springfield. Plus I've got a guy who knows thoes backroads pretty good and he's insanly fast in his race preped 240SX. We could probably use him as a guide on the first legg.

And there is a couple of places to fill up with 93 octaine in Spfd...

Brandon
Old 12-30-2005, 05:14 AM
Community Organizer

Brandon... Glad you found us. Springfield area is well within our preferred road list. I know that there are some great roads out that way. Fell free to map out some basic routes in that area, as well as, give recommendations for accommodations and activities (late night run, go-carts, eateries, mini golf). I'll look at Hwy 125 and Hwy H this evening and see what I can come up with.

Feel free to PM this information directly to me or post here. I will be making a decision on location by the end of next week so there is not much time left. Right now, I leaning towards option #2 or #4
Old 12-30-2005, 06:15 AM

I like option #4 - Osage Beach area. Stay @ Tan-Tar-A if we can get the price right for everyone. It is a really nice resort. I stay there all the time on business. Indoor water park, putt putt golf, bowling, restaurants, shopping etc.(all within the resort).
Old 12-31-2005, 08:05 AM

What does something like that run a night?
Old 12-31-2005, 08:38 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by day1si,Dec 31 2005, 11:05 AM
What does something like that run a night?
If we go on the Spring run... about $119-$134, but I think we should be able to get some group rates. Check Here for rates

Also, here is a link of activities. The spa looks mighty inviting

These rates may be a bit steep for some, so I'll check out some more reasonable accommodations in the area.

Quick Reply: Missouri Hills Run