Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

Missouri Hills Run

Old 12-13-2005, 05:52 AM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Missouri Hills Run

Am slowly starting to look at maps to begin planning our Spring run for 2006. There are a bunch of places that I would like to try, but it is not going to work out well if we want to meet up with the KC and Okie groups again. I would much prefer meeting up with them again as trying a new route.

With that said... the best places are, once again southern MO or northern AR... So I'm targeting Bull Shoals, Diamond City, or east of Mountain Home around the Norfork Lake area. We may even do a repeat of the spring 2005 run.

We also have some lessons learned that I would like to use to our advantage. I would like to make the run to the destination more fun with a few extra miles added, some extra spots for site seeing. On the way home, the most direct rout to shorten the drive.

Looking for some thoughts and feedback of places to go. Post up by the end of the year, or I will make the call.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the Spring run?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by day1si,Dec 13 2005, 10:04 AM
What was the Spring run?
Check HERE and HERE
Old 12-13-2005, 10:22 AM

We tried in the fall Route 181 from Gainesville to Cabool excellent roller coaster ride with nice curves. Also a scenic drive for pictures. At Cabool we can take a direct route on Hwy 63.
In the fall Hills of MO we took Hwy 95 on the way to Branson but we turned off I believe on Hwy 24 to Ava. But staying on Hwy 95 to Hwy 5 another beautiful ride lots of roller coasters with sharp curves.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:52 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by rolsinski,Dec 13 2005, 01:22 PM
We tried in the fall Route 181 from Gainesville to Cabool excellent roller coaster ride with nice curves. Also a scenic drive for pictures. At Cabool we can take a direct route on Hwy 63.
In the fall Hills of MO we took Hwy 95 on the way to Branson but we turned off I believe on Hwy 24 to Ava. But staying on Hwy 95 to Hwy 5 another beautiful ride lots of roller coasters with sharp curves.
I'll keep that in mind when mapping out the routes
Old 12-13-2005, 01:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a thought abt the large group ride in the evening when we had 14 cars maybe this should be broken up into groups of 6 or so which would be much easier to get through traffic and traffic lights. we could all meet up again some where outside of town, which is what we did anyway. Just a thought.....Pete
Old 12-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Hondassport,Dec 13 2005, 04:34 PM
I have a thought abt the large group ride in the evening when we had 14 cars maybe this should be broken up into groups of 6 or so which would be much easier to get through traffic and traffic lights. we could all meet up again some where outside of town, which is what we did anyway. Just a thought.....Pete
Agreed...Another good lessons learned
Old 12-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

The scenic roads around Table Rock were awesome (and some sweet photo opps around there, too), and I'd love to do that again, but unless we aren't able to avoid the insane Branson city traffic, I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Honestly, I don't think a group of our size would be that much of a problem in any other town besides Branson. The use of two-way radios probably would've helped tremendously.

Bull Shoals, Diamond City, or east of Mountain Home around the Norfork Lake area - that's kinda far for the KC group. What about Harry S. Truman State Park area or Stockton State Park area? I can't speak for all the Okies, but personally I won't mind driving a little further.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:42 PM

[QUOTE=JulieU,Dec 17 2005, 11:41 PM]Bull Shoals, Diamond City, or east of Mountain Home around the Norfork Lake area - that's kinda far for the KC group.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Community Organizer

Thanks for te good words guys... I do agree that I would also like to stay away from Branson. In the spring traffic will be nuts. Bull Shoals is not that much further away (maybe 1 hour for the Okies) , but well worth the extra miles for the roads that are available.

There are aso some nice roads south west of Branson, so as long as we don't stay near the strip we should be OK.

I'll post up some choices in the next few days so stay tunned.

Quick Reply: Missouri Hills Run